New Laney Iommi sig amp - TI100 & TI412S - I have it sat right here......

fastboy

• Members

It sounds feckin epic. I did some pics and a quick review / thought's over on Musicradar:

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106101

If you want to be the first to hear it, you'll need to catch it on my Black Sabbath tribute band's (the only female fronted one in Europe!) facebook page on Saturday. We're gigging Friday night so vids will be up some point on Saturday:

www.facebook.com/fromsabbathtohell

• Members

This is easier and cool review!

So, inside the box, what do you get, well, you get a very large envelope with one large and one small Iommi poster, an Iommi pick, manual, footswitch, footswitch lead and kettle lead. Didn't see anything in the box for the cab but hey, it's a cab, you just plug it in.

On the cab front, some might think that at around

• Members

It sounds feckin epic. I did some pics and a quick review / thought's over on Musicradar:

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106101

If you want to be the first to hear it, you'll need to catch it on my Black Sabbath tribute band's (the only female fronted one in Europe!) facebook page on Saturday. We're gigging Friday night so vids will be up some point on Saturday:

www.facebook.com/fromsabbathtohell

Uber-Jelly.............I want one so bad

• Members

So about $3,200 US for the half stack. A bit pricey but still interested.

So I figure the head alone would cost over $2k?

For me, the merit of Laney has been great sound for little money.

I owned a gh50l which I paid for $400 and it was a great head, but I'd have a hard time shelling out over $2k for a Laney.

Neverthless, this head intrigues me, I'd love to try one in person.

• Members

All this is cool, how does the boost implement? On the ironheart there are horror stories about it compressing the {censored} out of the first preamp tube. Also is at a mic amp? I mean ok, it may be a fantastic product but where it is made and from whom should reflect in the price...I wouldn't want to pay UK or US made product money for a china amp personally.

So no clean clean channel essentially? A bit of a deal breaker for some. {censored} cleans play distortion I guess, thanks for the review!

• Members

All this is cool, how does the boost implement? On the ironheart there are horror stories about it compressing the {censored} out of the first preamp tube. Also is at a mic amp? I mean ok, it may be a fantastic product but where it is made and from whom should reflect in the price...I wouldn't want to pay UK or US made product money for a china amp personally.

So no clean clean channel essentially? A bit of a deal breaker for some. {censored} cleans play distortion I guess, thanks for the review!

The boost on the iommi unlike the ironheart is very, very good. It does what you'd expect and just fattens things up and makes the amp a lot tighter without killing the front end. When I tested it yesterday, I was regularly running the boost around 6 to 7, gain near the same with no problems. The only thing I found was perhaps it was too much gain but until Friday when I can road test this at full sabbath band type volumes, I'll get a better feel for how much gain needs to be used live which I think will be less then that.

I had an ironheart whilst I was waiting for the iommi, thinking it would be a nice 3 channel amp with power scaling I could use till this came along..... Wrong! Took it to rehearsal and just couldn't get a decent tone out of it and got a nasty hum even running the amp straight with no fx. I know what you mean about the boost on it compressing the {censored} out of the front end and making it sound farty

As for where it's built, please to say both head and cab are built right here in the uk. I don't think laney could ever warrant this sort of money for a mic product. Whilst they were a little sparse on info, they did always say it was going to be made in the uk.

I guess the final thing I haven't mentioned anywhere is does it nail Tony's tone? Yes it does but when I say Tony's tone, I think defining era here is important. Whilst I've not tried to go vintage with it (my band is probably 50 / 50 split between Ozzy and Dio eras) it nails Tony's later heaven and hell tone to my ears. If you listen to some of the h&h stuff recorded at wacken (most of it is on YouTube), this will give you a really good ball park.

Archived