Storm Corrosion (Steven Wilson and Akefelt's New Project)

gibson5413

• Members

I really liked the new Opeth, and was breathlessly awaiting storm corrosion.....and it's pretty terrible.

I was expecting stuff like this:

I mean, I totally get doing what you enjoy, paying tribute to your roots, I think that's great. But this really could've been something really cool for the fans.

• Members

Been listening to a ton of Insurgentes and Grace For Drowning lately. Although this is a tad underwelming after a couple of listens I am hoping the rest will be better. Wilson's solo stuff and Procupine Tree is a huge part of my listening rotation. I love older Opeth and found Heritage very forgettable. Please let the rest of this release be as strong as Steven's recent releases.

• Members

what the heck is going on with Mikael? his music is AWFUL now. I just dont get this direction he went into since Watershed. This is glorified elevator music to me, it goes nowhere it leads nowhere it never has a captivating moment. I just dont get this at all. Its pretty much one step from Derek Bailey to me.

• Members

{censored} the haters. I love it! Dark and atmospheric. Show a level of skillful restraint most can't even approach.
I freely admit to being an old school prog fan
as well as a huge fan of both Mssrs Wilson and Akerfeldt.
:thu:

I'm a huge fan of old school prog, but this just ain't doing chit for me. Neither did Heritage for that matter.

• Members

And I LOVE
Heritage
! Good thing there is plenty of music to go around for all us to find something we like.

Here's the thing. We disagree about this song and Opeth's last album. Obviously, this means that I hate you and your family. We have no other recourse but to become sworn enemies who will someday have to e-fight to the death to prove our worth on the interwebz. I'd wish you good luck, but I hate you now.

• Members

Here's the thing. We disagree about this song and Opeth's last album. Obviously, this means that I hate you and your family. We have no other recourse but to become sworn enemies who will someday have to e-fight to the death to prove our worth on the interwebz. I'd wish you good luck, but I hate you now.

The gauntlet: it has been thrown!

duel.jpg

• Members

Why is Mikael the only one who is catching heat here? Don't see Steven as the sit-back-and-not-take-any-leadership-in-a-project-type? ;)

BTW I found it interesting, but I also am not a huge Heritage fan. Saw Opeth the other night and the highlight was the last two songs, "Demon of the Fall" and "Grand Conjuration"!!!

Archived