Top 5 least liked guitar players.

Snappy Hat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark Tremonti - one of the most over-rated wankers to ever pick up the instrument

Kerry King - Jeff is the real talent in Slayer (he wrote most of the classics), not the hack spokesman

CC Deville - do i really need to explain??

Those assholes in Slipknot - they just suck...

John Petrucci - plays like a robot, not an ounce of feel and soul in his playing

• Members

:lol:
pwnt.

So, I'm gonna be the first one to say that I don't "hate" ANY guitarists?

Like, I don't LOVE them all, but I either:

A - Can find something to appreciate/like about their playing/career.

B - Just don't listen to them, but don't hate them.

I can't think of one guy anyone has named, that I "hate".

The only decent answer thus far.

• Members

Is there any validity to this Clapton/EVH story? This poster always seems like he's talking out of his ass.

Okay, it is a long-standing rumor, I will give you that. I've read it a few times over the years from other guitarists in magazines who knew of the story. However, I am inclined to believe it is true. Clapton had a known rep for being a blues "purist" in his early days. He left The Yardbirds because they were becoming too pop for his tastes. Then, years later when he becomes a solo artist, he puts out some of the safest, schlockiest rock albums I have ever heard. His playing got more and more bland. Again, {censored} everything Clapton did after Derek & The Dominoes.

Oh, and Eddie allegedly sent him the tape after he already became a household name, so this was well into Clapton's career of schlock.

• Members

2. Paul Ryan - Guitarist for Origin. A lot of br00tal-heads act as if he is the tech death master guitarist, but he doesn't know how to write anything that is memorable. Also, he's a complete mess live, both in tone and technique.

Um, he's pretty much is one of the tech death masters. Dude is amazing live. Blew my mind. Tone was good for the style, playing was pretty damn spot on (at least it sounded awesome.)

Only seen him once, so that's all I have to base it on, but that night, minds were blown even if it was only like 55 of us. ( :( )

• Members

I'm pretty sure all of the guitarists mentioned in this entire thread are better than everybody that has posted in it. Including myself. Like you guys have room to talk....

Oh, and my top 5...No particular order

CC Deville

Sinister Gates

The Tone King

Chad Kroeger

Myself

• Members

Um, he's pretty much is one of the tech death masters. Dude is amazing live. Blew my mind. Tone was good for the style, playing was pretty damn spot on (at least it sounded awesome.)

Only seen him once, so that's all I have to base it on, but that night, minds were blown even if it was only like 55 of us. (
:(
)

Tech death masters IMO are the Obscura dudes.

• Members

Tech death masters IMO are the Obscura dudes.

The two guys from Gorod aren't bad either, in that regard.

My top 5:

1) Kurt Cobain...Nirvana sucked, grunge in general sucked, and for {censored}'s sake, couldn't he have taken that stupid whore he was married to with him when he checked out??? (Ok, so that's a little over the top, but hey :))

2)C.C. Deville...no explanation needed

3)really don't "hate" anyone else, so it's a short list.

• Members

I dont hate SRV, but never understood what everyone thoughtwas so great about him, and never could figure out the fascination with his tone / sound. Decent blues player, but nothing to write home about. His sound sounds like any strat into a clean-ish amp.

FAILFAILFAIL:facepalm:

• Members

The correct answer is either "none," or if you're particularly gullible: myself, Telephant, Loop, and Ricky Bobby.

Everyone else has their head up their ass. Fact.

Sorry Ovid and draelyc. You're close. So close.

and it {censored}ing stinks in here. gotta lay off the taco bell.

• Members
I dont hate SRV, but never understood what everyone thoughtwas so great about him, and never could figure out the fascination with his tone / sound. Decent blues player, but nothing to write home about. His sound sounds like any strat into a clean-ish amp.

:lol::lol::lol:

youd SO get butt{censored}ed with a knife here in the hill country.

Archived