Idea for my plexi clone and aby switch.

Warhorse

• Members

..i never use the normal channel so i was thinking about setting it up a little different.

signal chain; guitar - aby box - ch A (aby) to bright channel on the amp, ch B from the (aby) to boost box and EQ into the normal channel of the amp.

Has anyone tried using a plexi this way? i thought it would help to make the normal channel more usable and modern. And you'd still have the tried and true plexi tone from the bright channel on the amp.

I should mention mine is a ceriatone and has a PPIMV so it has plenty of pre-amp distortion available.:love:

• Members

I've messed about with this kinda thing, using one channel with certain pedals and the high input for gain, and the other side into the lo-gain with other pedals for clean.

Cool. I just thought since the guitar signal was being routed through the aby and you have two inputs on a plexi why not have two different ways of approaching the front end.

Did you like the results that got?

• Members

Well, yeah, it did what I wanted it to do. I only used an A/B tho, I guess an ABY be just like using a jumper cable???

Yep. You can use both channels at once or one at a time. I hit the y button like a boost for solos, it works pretty good.

• Members

Yup, used to run my 50watter like this way when I used pedals.

Run clean into treble channel, take low output into pedals and run back into normal channel pretty much making it a two channel amp.

• Members

Yup, used to run my 50watter like this way when I used pedals.

Run clean into treble channel, take low output into pedals and run back into normal channel pretty much making it a two channel amp.

Okay, the only diff would be adding the aby! cool i was just thinking it would be cool to try this out glad to hear from you guys that i'm not delusional lol!

Archived