Carvin T100 / Tube 100 dudes....question

NixerX

• Members

:thu:

I like the SLA2, but I will say the power section of my Triple Recto probably has it beat in pure thump, but of course it colors the tone. I wish my VHT Deliverance had a FX loop, because I am sure the 4xKT88 power section would be massive sounding.

maybe you need a VHT poweramp then :)

• Members

Im telling ya its all in my head. lol. How the {censored} is your rack 70lbs?! the SLA is 19 at best!!!

If I were down with fixing another mans unwanted problems (a young mans endeavor to be sure) Id be down..

Yeah, I think thats about what the sla weighs. The mak4 isnt really that heavy...maybe 25 or so, but Ive also got a furman in there that is probably about 5, then add in the wireless, mxr 10 band, and ns-2 and the actual weight of the rack case, and BAM....70 pounds. Actually, I weighed it before I got the MXR, so 70 pounds before that lol.

• Members

Insane. Although I think my 6 space clocks in at clsoe to 1/2 the SLA lol

Yep...dont like it. I love my splawn the way it is...and I love the stereoness of the snax.

I thought maybe that would give you a little of what you are looking for to test if a tube power amp is what you are looking for.

Just because of this thread I have been messing around today. I plugged my HD500 into a stereo cabinet with the SLA2 on one side, and the Triple Recto on the other side. Its actually closer than you would think at home volumes, but the Recto definitely has a clarity the ART does not. It sounds blurred in comparison...

• Members
I thought maybe that would give you a little of what you are looking for to test if a tube power amp is what you are looking for.

Just because of this thread I have been messing around today. I plugged my HD500 into a stereo cabinet with the SLA2 on one side, and the Triple Recto on the other side. Its actually closer than you would think at home volumes, but the Recto definitely has a clarity the ART does not. It sounds blurred in comparison...

its certainly not lacking in appreciable volume...just that toob THUMP!

Archived