Is anybody else completely unthrilled with life lately???

Space coyote

• Members

I've never really been thrilled with life. I went to florida and went deep sea fishing and on the trip out I pondered jumping of the boat 5 miles from shore. I can't swim. THen this weekend I went to the bar had one too many literally ran home doing a hair metal yuuuuuuuuuuuu stopped halfway order a pizza ran home passed out, woke up to the guy calling me puked in the since paid for the pizza and put it in the fridge and passed back out.

Now I'm ok for a little while.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of you guys need some serious help. holy {censored}, i had no idea so many of you all were down on life!

gdwill2u...man, your story gets me every time. I feel so bad for you and your family, but so thankful you are still able to see the bright side of life. Carry that with you all the way, it will end up helping your family cope with the inevitable. I wish there were more I could say and/or do.

If you're a writer, start a blog...and use it as a diary. Your family will be able to cherish that for the rest of their lives.

God speed brother :thu:

• Members

Life is cyclic like that. Somedays my wife irritates the {censored} out of me and I want to trade her in and then an hour later I wonder what I would do without her. My guitar playing usually bores me but some days I catch fire and think I could have been good enough to do it for a living had I applied myself.

Life is short. Real short. If you have your health you have everything.

• Members

I have had a very trying few weeks. About 6 wks, ago I ended a series of hospital stays, 3 of which required surgery (open heart surgery, 2 hernia incarceration repairs).

I am in pretty good shape except I am tired, weak and bored out of my mind. I am too well to just stay in bed (been there done that), and still too sick to do anything for more than an hour per day, even my walks of 1/2 mile make me so short of wind it is like running a marathon to me. None of this has much hope for getting better I have a terminal illness (end stage liver disease) that will get me soon (might hold out for 1-2 more years, but the last years will be very uncomfortable).

Not crying the blues and I detest and do not recognize in myself any self-pity, I am just getting tired of the stagnant {censored} in my life. I ran my own business for over 35 years and I am now retired and receiving disability.

Anyway TMI maybe, but such is life.

PS for what it's worth I still have a goofy and unrelenting love of life. I thank God for ever day I am not in the hospital and able to live at home with my family.

Bob.

You a really decent guy too, if you ever want to chat just send me a message in facebook or something :)

• Members

PS for what it's worth I still have a goofy and unrelenting love of life. I thank God for ever day I am not in the hospital and able to live at home with my family.

You know we have barrels full of mojo for you here at HCAF Bob. You've put must of us to shame with the way you turned your attitude around to your current even-tempered, good-natured self.

To add to the thread, Churchill once said: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

• Members

I don't mean this to be offensive but life is such a cool gift that I think its very ungrateful to carry around the "life sucks" card. It feels to me like the kid who gets every toy he wants for Christmas but is bored a week later. Take the wider view and realize what you have.

• Members

I don't mean this to be offensive but life is such a cool gift that I think its very ungrateful to carry around the "life sucks" card. It feels to me like the kid who gets every toy he wants for Christmas but is bored a week later. Take the wider view and realize what you have.

Nah, life really does suck for a lot of people. Just ask what a cool gift it is to the homeless guy that got his face eaten off. You can't tell me life doesn't suck for that guy!!

• Members

+1 to Izzys suggestion. Exercise every day. Doesnt matter what shape you're in, feeling progress in ANY aspect of life tends to spill over to the rest and make you feel better. It'll make you more positive -> people will pick up on that -> you'll do better at work, relationships, interactions in general.

I had a downer a few months ago after my divorce. Since I accepted that my life should always be in some form of movement, be that in terms of family, relationships, physical shape or work, I've felt great.

I believe the worst thing a person can do to himself is to sit back and say "This is how the rest of my life will be". There's only really one person that can change it. Yes, life can toss you {censored}, maybe you're disabled and cant physically improve - but then there's still lots of mental pursuits to engage. Read, study, learn a foreign language, rekindle old friendships.

TLDR: Try to improve one thing at a time. Does your work AND your relationship suck? Deal with one item first, then deal with the other when the first have settled.

• Members

Apart from some of the really terrible news, the bolded part is definitely good news. Many who have great physical health are in very bad pscyhological health and could use some serious positive change.

I used to know this old guy, this was when I was in my late 20s and he was over 60, anyway he used to always say always maintain an attitude of gratitude.

I agree with you 100% our outlook and attitudes determine our true happiness.

• Members

Some of you guys need some serious help. holy {censored}, i had no idea so many of you all were down on life!

gdwill2u...man, your story gets me every time. I feel so bad for you and your family, but so thankful you are still able to see the bright side of life. Carry that with you all the way, it will end up helping your family cope with the inevitable. I wish there were more I could say and/or do.

If you're a writer, start a blog...and use it as a diary. Your family will be able to cherish that for the rest of their lives.

God speed brother
:thu:

Good idea, and YES a positive attitude is essential in tough times. Thanks for the support KTC

• Members

You know we have barrels full of mojo for you here at HCAF Bob. You've put must of us to shame with the way you turned your attitude around to your current even-tempered, good-natured self.

To add to the thread, Churchill once said: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

HCAF mojo and prayers have been a big part of my life in the last couple of years.

Oh, and before you go giving me strokes I don't deserve, I can still be a beast to my wife and sons at times. I am getting better but I have to try harder; after all they are the ones affected the most by my illness.

Thanks so much for your support Keith.

• Members

People depressed all the time. WTF?? You have food, shelter, freedom of speech, potential for women etc..

Just remember that tens of millions of people died so you can have the life you have today. Self loathing = spitting on their graves. Now get the {censored} out of your house and take a breath of fresh air, take care of your problems.

• Members

People depressed all the time. WTF?? You have food, shelter, freedom of speech, potential for women etc..

Just remember that tens of millions of people died so you can have the life you have today. Self loathing = spitting on their graves. Now get the {censored} out of your house and take a breath of fresh air, take care of your problems.

Bro, seriously?

Obviously, you've never been depressed.

• Members

Obviously, you've never been depressed.

Yeah, please lets not confuse the off-hand use of the term "depressed" for feeling a bit on the down side with the clinical diagnosis of depression.

Clinical depression is a dreadful disease that often requires medical treatment to be managed.

• Members

i hate my job so effing much i've considered bailing and going to work with like Brolando or something at retail... :lol::facepalm:

i'd go home and drink a 5th of something every night if i didn't have to be sober and study......... oh well. i have a lunch intvw tomorrow. fingers crossed it rules. i'm at 2 2/5 years here that i'll never get back.

Archived