Nietzsche

-Assy-

• Members

Obviously, I shoulda included smilies. :poke:

I do think some people that have read one or two of his books (in high school or college) take him way too seriously and start worshiping him like he was some kind of god. Which tells me they're extremely small minded people, because that was pretty much the opposite of his message.

your quote is existential comedy gold though.

• Members

Wanda: [after Otto breaks in on Wanda and Archie in Archie's flat and hangs him out the window] I was dealing with something delicate, Otto. I'm setting up a guy who's incredibly important to us, who's going to tell me where the loot is and if they're going to come and arrest you. And you come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap and you dangle him out a fifth-floor window. Now, was that smart? Was it shrewd? Was it good tactics? Or was it stupid?

Otto West: Don't call me stupid.

Wanda: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?

Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy.

Wanda: Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.

:wave:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4941227299373941&id=937

• Members

Obviously, I shoulda included smilies. :poke:

I do think some people that have read one or two of his books (in high school or college) take him way too seriously and start worshiping him like he was some kind of god. Which tells me they're extremely small minded people, because that was pretty much the opposite of his message.

seriously... :D how the {censored} the world could've thought the third reich was a natural extension of his ideas is kinda a chuckle... wtf? definitely up there in the 'misunderstood' category... probably just from somebody having applied the term 'nihilistic'..

• Members

Nietzche brought some very thought provoking philosophy to the table. I don't believe you could ever arrive to any definitive answer to anything by contemplating, reasoning, rationalizing, and counter-imposing your conclusions over and over again though, which is where the majority of philosophers fall entrapped. It's indulgent. Nietzche in particular I feel was indulgent in his own ideas, but there was some solid groundwork he laid for being able to discuss the effect of our own paradigm on our awareness and existence.

Personally I find myself drawn to the descriptions and lessons of shamanism as delineated by Carlos Casta

Archived