band practice Laney clip

guitarbilly74

• Members

you've seen the pictures now hear the toanz :lol:

nah this is just a clip from last night's band practice, just looping on a new song idea so it's pretty repetitive and playing is also off (just learning the riffs) but the toan is good for a single mic clip

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/48-Switch%203.mp3

EDIT: one more, for clean tones (which is just the same exact settings as the main tone, just rolling off the volume with the volume pedal, this amp cleans up REALLY well)

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/8-clean.mp3

• Members

El34s or 6l6s? That sounded great I just got a laney vh100 and am still trying to dial it in. Got any suggestions?

6L6s. I am running only 2 power tubes so the amp is running at 50w so I crank up the power tubes a bit more, which is important to get a good tone out of this amp. As far as suggestions, I can share my settings with you, but it will depend on what tone you are going for and your guitar and speakers of course:

resonance - on

presence - 4

bass - 6

mids - 2.5

treble - 4

master 4.5

gain - 5

drive - 7

same settings for both clips, just the volume pedal in front of the amp for the clean tones. :)

• Members

Pulling power tubes is a good idea. I'm pretty sure one of mine is dead anyway I keep popping fuses.

Be very careful with that amp. The output transformer is not very stout. A bad tube will take out the OT and then you are up {censored} creek without a paddle.

Just get it serviced. Kind of like changing oil on a car.

• Members

Be very careful with that amp. The output transformer is not very stout. A bad tube will take out the OT and then you are up {censored} creek without a paddle.

Just get it serviced. Kind of like changing oil on a car.

I don't know if the VH is different but I used my first GH for seven years and used it at half power many times. Never had an issue with the OT or anything else on the amp.

This one is a '96 and appears never to be modded or fixed (unless the tech did an extremely clean, nearly invisible job).

:idk:

• Members

I don't know if the VH is different but I used my first GH for seven years and used it at half power many times. Never had an issue with the OT or anything else on the amp.

This one is a '96 and appears never to be modded or fixed (unless the tech did an extremely clean, nearly invisible job).

:idk:

I was more explaining that if a BAD tube is in there, then it will take out the OT. So long as you keep the oil changed, so to speak, it will be just fine. Just like all things in life, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Great tone Bill.

• Members

I've had some tube failures with my Laneys over the years with no damage to the amps. They have been bullet proof for me, but I've heard about problems. I guess, like every company, there are a few lemons out there. Maybe you got one of them. But generally speaking they have been pretty reliable, at least in my experience (2 AORs and 3 GHs).

Archived