Blackstar Series One Kemper Demo

Valtiel

• Members

Just pooped out a 90 second clip of the Blackstar Series one profiles. Cleans are the Blackstar clean channel with my Ibanez AT300 and blonde tele, rhythm is the dirty channel with the Tele and a PRS Custom 24, lead is the dirty chanel boosted with a Tubescreamer and the same PRS. Bass is an old Ibanez Prestige Soundgear through the AxeFX. Enjoy?

SOUNDCLOUD

Tonefinder for Billy :love:

• Members

That's cool! Nice demo.

So you perceive what others have? Kemper has a cleaner amp sound? IDK, for all I have heard when I played through it is the Kemper has a nicer mid-top end that's not as muffled or sounding like an eq in a loop forcing a more unnatural sound.

• Members

That's cool! Nice demo.

So you perceive what others have? Kemper has a cleaner amp sound? IDK, for all I have heard when I played through it is the Kemper has a nicer mid-top end that's not as muffled or sounding like an eq in a loop forcing a more unnatural sound.

I haven't really AB'ed equivalent sounds between the Kemper and the Axe but the Kemper definitely FEELS better than my Axe Ultra. That is, with good profiles. There are plenty of profiles that sound and feel absolutely horrible but thats because of poor mic placement/EQing or maybe just an amp I don't like.

• Members

Aren't the Blackstar Series One amps supposed to be {censored} according to HCAF?
:lol:;)

I think nerine said he couldn't get a good recorded sound that would sit in a mix. Looks like it was his skills and not the amp at fault there.

Personally I hated the series one that I tried but I think this sounds great.

Archived