What's a good and affordable tremolo pedal?

guitarbilly74

• Members

I have the GFS Tremolo pedal and it's pretty good. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it when I've had my amp up loud so I don't know what it sounds like then. Also, I think there might be a bit of a volume drop when the pedal is engaged. So I guess I don't recommend it unless you were just looking for something to tool around with.

• Members

Honestly I use an old Boss TR pedal. Mine was modded by Analogman but I still don't have much invested in it. I have owned several TR pedals and still come back to this one.

That's what I was thinking.. I will probably just get the TR2 and be done with it. But if there is something cheaper out there that is just as good.... hey :D

• Members

Say for about $40-50 used? I want one that allows me to choose the wave shape, to get that "chopped" guitar effect. I am currently doing it with the pickup selector switch but it gets tiring after a while
:lol:

I like my time based FX in the midi realm for programability. Feel free to disregard.

Not a pedal, I know, but I use my G-MajorII (shut up, purists). Does square wave, can set it to BPM or by tap tempo. Original G-Majors are pretty reasonable on the used market, and quite powerful. Does the Chopper thing like a charm, plus all the other stuff. Most of all, the verbs are amazing.

• Members

Say for about $40-50 used? I want one that allows me to choose the wave shape, to get that "chopped" guitar effect. I am currently doing it with the pickup selector switch but it gets tiring after a while
:lol:

I've been on a quest for one for the same reason. Coolest one I've seen that fits the bill is the BBE Tremor - it lets you set two different tones/speeds I believe. Otherwise the Lovepedal Babyface fits the bill perfectly and is TINY....but a bit pricey.

No actual waveform control it looks like but I watched the Guitarworld demo vid and the guy does get the chopper effect out of it....i guess just by cranking the depth

bbe_tremor_001.jpg

[video=youtube;GoL4mfZ5_SY]

• Members

Boss TR-2

Voodoo Labs Tremolo

You can probably find either of the above for around $50-$80 used.

Also heard good things about the Hardwire pedals but it may be on the slightly more expensive side.

Archived