Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ISO-5

Mikoo69

• Members

I have been consistently having problems powering 14 pedals off of one Voodoo Labs PPII - been using splitter cables to power 2 effects from each isolated output, but sometimes get things cutting in and out/weird noises.

I just discovered the Pedal Power ISO-5 and I have room for this on my board. I think I can successfully power all my pedals and keep them all isolated if I add this. Just a few questions:

The ISO-5 has one 18V power supply. I was thinking of using this outlet to power the Lehle D.Loop I have, which apparently accepts between 9-20V. Just wondering, is this outlet useless for other pedals that ask for 9V only?

The other concerns is that there are 2 outputs that aren't isolated (#4 9V and #5 12V). I was thinking of using the #5 12V outlet for my vintage Boss DM-2, which I believe accepts and prefers 12V ACA power, instead of standard 9V. Is that correct?

If I use the other #4 9V output to power a Boss DD-2, will this be fine, since the #4 and #5 outputs are not isolated. Or should I only use one of these outputs?

Just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks!

• Members

The manual states that if you want to use the 18v outlet for a 9v pedal, you should check with the pedal manufacturer first. Unless the pedal specifically states that it can run on either 9v or 18v, I don't think you should use that outlet.

If you want to use both outlets #4 and #5, just make sure that both pedals don't need more than 300ma combined.

• Members

Boss DM-2 is 11mA draw and asks for 12V ACA

Boss DD-2 is 55mA daw - 9V PSA

So together they would both be under 300mA that #4 and #5 provide. but since they aren't isolated and one is 12V ACA and one 9V PSA will it matter?

Archived