2x NGD (Grandpaz guitars content)

grunge782

• Members

So around the 4th of july I found some really good deals on some acoustics that I could use more for practice and travel than my Martin.

Yamaha FG700S:

YamahaFG700SFront.jpg

YamahaFG700SBack.jpg

SeagullEntourageRusticFront.jpg

SeagullEntourageRusticBack.jpg

The Seagull is very nice and plays just as well as I would expect it to. It has a nice loud sound, but is more midrange focused. When you fingerpick, it has a nice warm tone to the single notes.

The Yamaha actually really surprised me. I'm so used to having to seriously setup guitars that come from China, but this one was practically perfect as it came. I also really like the strings they used on this guitar, I might have to try them on some of my other guitars. It isn't quite as loud as the Seagull, but it plays very well and has a good eq range from the bass to treble none the less. The neck feels real nice as well.

All in all I am very happy with what i got for what I payed for these two.

• Members

The Yamaha actually really surprised me. I'm so used to having to seriously setup guitars that come from China, but this one was practically perfect as it came. I also really like the strings they used on this guitar, I might have to try them on some of my other guitars. It isn't quite as loud as the Seagull, but it plays very well and has a good eq range from the bass to treble none the less. The neck feels real nice as well.

This is basically Yamaha in a nutshell. I absolutely LOVE my A1R and the FG700 is basically the standard for affordable acoustics. I like the Seagull a lot, too! Lots of bang for the buck. Nice scores. :thu:

• Members

This is basically Yamaha in a nutshell. I absolutely LOVE my A1R and the FG700 is basically the standard for affordable acoustics. I like the Seagull a lot, too! Lots of bang for the buck. Nice scores.
:thu:

I'm just surprised how well they got the action setup when it came. Nice and low, but no buzz. The tone is pretty darn good for what I paid too. This is definitely a great quick grab and play acoustic.

• Members

My Yamaha LL16 is fan{censored}ingtastic! It sounds amazing and plays amazing! I really liked the addition of the ivory saddle on my acoustic... One of these days I will get an ivory nut installed too.

Glad to hear that you got some great acoustics!

Cole

• Members

I was dangerously close to buying an FG730s when I bought my Taylor. Playability was mediocre, but it sounded phenomenal for the price!!

Ended up scoring my 210e with case for $500 though, so I couldnt say no.

Not bad for that model.

I must have gotten really lucky with my Yamaha cause it came setup just right. All it needed was a little adjustment in the relief and it was good to go. Soundwise I would agree, they sound a lot more full than I expected. Not especially loud, but loud enough for my tastes.

Archived