Guitar related tattoo designs....

TU BE

• Members

I've seen very few decent looking guitar based pieces.

I have noticed this too. DARKMTL's piece looks really good. Most I've seen that are good just involve a guitar mixed in with other artwork. Guitars just by themselves don't usally turn out too well for whatever reason.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have noticed this too. DARKMTL's piece looks really good. Most I've seen that are good just involve a guitar mixed in with other artwork. Guitars just by themselves don't usally turn out too well for whatever reason.

They're just a tough blend of lines & curves, and skin isn't exactly flat canvas to work with.

I'd have to find an artist who's done several successful pieces, to consider getting a guitar tat.

• Members

Guitars just by themselves don't usally turn out too well for whatever reason.

The reason: frets and strings. Thin, perfectly straight, parallel lines in two different directions are incredibly difficult to tattoo.

• Members

IMO, retarts are the ones who walk in and ask for tribal, or wanting a scratchers work fixed up. I dont understand how having this piece (covered nearly all the time, i only seen it coz i was there at the time of getting it done) makes him retarded?

I agree with all this. One of the funniest one's I've seen recently was some dumb chick on FB who had her 6 yr old son's name done as a tramp stamp. Yeap honey, mommy loves you so much that she put your name right above her ass, where whoever she's {censored}ing can see it as they pound away, and then splooge all over it. Ain't I a great and classy ma?

• Members

I agree with all this. One of the funniest one's I've seen recently was some dumb chick on FB who had her 6 yr old son's name done as a tramp stamp. Yeap honey, mommy loves you so much that she put your name right above her ass, where whoever she's {censored}ing can see it as they pound away, and then splooge all over it. Ain't I a great and classy ma?

Those trashy bitches annoy the hell me, they come into the shop wanting a massive rib piece with tiny ass writing as their first tat.... Or yeah there son and boyfriends name in a banner across their ass....

They get told no, and they end up with a scratcher that gives them hep B and a {censored} tattoo that falls out after 5 months.

But someone getting a guitar related tattoo is retarded or trashy? I cant say i have ever seen a scumbag with a guitar tattoo, seen lots of tribal, YOLO, southern crosses (they are {censored}ing plaguing down here) and gang tats.

• Members

Here's the start of my sleeve so far......taken a few hrs after it was done.

Some of the frets are wonky.....and the 12th fret marker is actually on the 11th fret......but i knew about that beforehand from the original pic i found and sent the artist - and that's kinda WHY i like it.

Coz it's not a perfect exact image.

Archived