Hey guys!

primeholy

• Members

I did an awesome {censored}ing praise and worship gig today!!! Well, it was far from awesome, and really not much worship. The theme was the abolition of slavery. I go to a Unitarian Universalist Church, so the "praise" is open to interpretation, and I can say {censored} without guilt. I really didnt practice teh song. Wish I had, cause I wouldve liked to have done an intro and something better at the end. At least I made it through the song:facepalm::lol:

http://soundcloud.com/primeholy/i-shall-be-released

• Members

Pro or con?

You sir, are not welcome in my church with that {censored}ing attitude!

Unless it was a joke. Then its still kinda iffy, depending on who you tell it to.

• Members

http://uuc.org/about-the-uuc/seven-principles-and-six-sources

Seven Principles and Six Sources

Unitarian Universalists promote ...

The inherent worth and dignity of every person.

Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.

Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.

A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.

The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations, and in society at large.

The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.

Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

The living tradition we share draws from many sources:

Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life.

Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love.

Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.

Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves.

Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.

Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.

Grateful for the religious pluralism which enriches and ennobles our faith, we are inspired to deepen our understanding and expand our vision. As free congregations we enter into this covenant promising to one another our mutual trust and support. We affirm congregational polity -- the internal self-government of member societies, including the exclusive right of each such society to call and ordain its own minister or ministers, and to control its own property and funds.

"The Flaming Chalice," emblem of the Unitarian Universalist movement, contains two circles - one symbolizing Unitarianism and the other Universalism, distinct movements in Europe and America, which formally joined together in the U.S.A. to form the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) in 1963.The chalice is inspired by Jan Hus (b.1370), Bohemian Catholic priest and Dean and Rector of the Charles University in Prague. While at the time the faithful had to rely on the priests to translate scripture from the Latin, Hus translated the Bible into the local language - a precedent the Reformation followed. And while the Church reserved the communion wine for the priest alone, Hus shared the chalice with the people that they might have both bread and wine together. For these and other "heresies", the Church ordered Jan Hus burned at the stake in 1419. After his death the people he had served combined the fire of his martyrdom with the communal communion cup to create the symbol of the flaming chalice, which became the symbol of freedom in Bohemia.

The chalice and the flame were brought together as a Unitarian symbol by Austrian artist Hans Deutsch in 1941. Living in Paris in the 1930s, Deutsch drew critical cartoons of Adolf Hitler. When the Nazis invaded Paris in 1940, he abandoned all he had and fled to the south of France, then to Spain, and finally, with an altered passport, into Portugal. There he met the Reverend Charles Joy, executive director of the Unitarian Service Committee (USC). The Service Committee was new, founded in Boston to assist Eastern Europeans, among them Unitarians as well as Jews, who needed to escape Nazi persecution. From his Lisbon headquarters, Joy oversaw a secret network of couriers and agents.The flaming chalice also evokes a cross which symbolizes our Christian history, and is off-center, symbolizing our progressive (non-static) movement towards truth. Today many Unitarian Universalist congregations light the chalice at the beginning of their Sunday services, renewing our common commitment to the "light of reason, the warmth of life, and the fire of our passion for justice."

• Members

Seven Principles and Six Sources

Unitarian Universalists promote ...

The inherent worth and dignity of every person.

Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.

Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.

A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.

The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations, and in society at large.

The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.

Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

The living tradition we share draws from many sources:

Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life.

Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love.

Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.

Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves.

Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.

Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.

Grateful for the religious pluralism which enriches and ennobles our faith, we are inspired to deepen our understanding and expand our vision. As free congregations we enter into this covenant promising to one another our mutual trust and support. We affirm congregational polity -- the internal self-government of member societies, including the exclusive right of each such society to call and ordain its own minister or ministers, and to control its own property and funds.

"The Flaming Chalice," emblem of the Unitarian Universalist movement, contains two circles - one symbolizing Unitarianism and the other Universalism, distinct movements in Europe and America, which formally joined together in the U.S.A. to form the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) in 1963.The chalice is inspired by Jan Hus (b.1370), Bohemian Catholic priest and Dean and Rector of the Charles University in Prague. While at the time the faithful had to rely on the priests to translate scripture from the Latin, Hus translated the Bible into the local language - a precedent the Reformation followed. And while the Church reserved the communion wine for the priest alone, Hus shared the chalice with the people that they might have both bread and wine together. For these and other "heresies", the Church ordered Jan Hus burned at the stake in 1419. After his death the people he had served combined the fire of his martyrdom with the communal communion cup to create the symbol of the flaming chalice, which became the symbol of freedom in Bohemia.

The chalice and the flame were brought together as a Unitarian symbol by Austrian artist Hans Deutsch in 1941. Living in Paris in the 1930s, Deutsch drew critical cartoons of Adolf Hitler. When the Nazis invaded Paris in 1940, he abandoned all he had and fled to the south of France, then to Spain, and finally, with an altered passport, into Portugal. There he met the Reverend Charles Joy, executive director of the Unitarian Service Committee (USC). The Service Committee was new, founded in Boston to assist Eastern Europeans, among them Unitarians as well as Jews, who needed to escape Nazi persecution. From his Lisbon headquarters, Joy oversaw a secret network of couriers and agents.The flaming chalice also evokes a cross which symbolizes our Christian history, and is off-center, symbolizing our progressive (non-static) movement towards truth. Today many Unitarian Universalist congregations light the chalice at the beginning of their Sunday services, renewing our common commitment to the "light of reason, the warmth of life, and the fire of our passion for justice."

Tl;dr.

• Members

Uh huh , you did amazing grace. Seen it on fb before you posted this.

Nah, not that one. I did "I Shall be Released" which is just me singing and playing. The begining of amazing grace was a bit messed up. Mine too as the levels had to be adjusted.

Archived