What's the deal on the less expensive G&L ASAT models?

TU BE

• Members

Way better than MIM teles? Yes, way better. G&L's are built to last. The tribute line is really good quality. They use the same pickups as the USA models. The pickups are bright though in my experience. They sound great overdriven in my opinion but have a different sound clean than Fenders do. Not quite as jangly but kind of more glassy.

• Members

Way better than MIM teles? Yes, way better. G&L's are built to last. The tribute line is really good quality. They use the same pickups as the USA models. The pickups are bright though in my experience. They sound great overdriven in my opinion but have a different sound clean than Fenders do. Not quite as jangly but kind of more glassy.

I don't know about them using the same pickups, but if they do then it's not enough to make up for the difference in quality. The time I played a Tribute Legacy next to a real one was an eye opening experience. The USA G&L sounded glorious while the Tribute pretty much sounded like total {censored}. It was really harsh and grating on the ears in comparison.

• Members

The USA G&L's are just tits. I agree with Chrisp, just be patient and hunt for a used one on CL or eBay or in a store. Well worth the wait.

For the record: I found the Tributes to be very lacking compared to the USA's... I wish I never sold mine to an old band mate... but he does play it all the time...

• Members
there is a MIA ASAT with P90's at a local shop here that I am in
:love:
with. It has all kinda mojo and plays like buttah!

BUT they want like $1300 for it. I think that's a bit high. Well, it's not like I have the scratch right now anyway but.....

https://spacetonemusic.3dcartstores.com/1986-GL-ASAT_p_1791.html

No way!! You can do way better than that. Wouldn't be surprised if you can find something for $600. Pay attention to the necks though, they have all different kinds from slim C to fat necks. Also, I believe most of the Tribute line the neck radius is 9" and USA are 12". Here is a pretty sweet looking Tribute one.

DV016_Jpg_Large_502720.010_natural.jpg

• Members

my U.S. G&L is on par with my Suhr , it's that good , perfect neck and woods , ss frets , finish . Just freakin perfect !

hs1.jpg

sb1candy.jpg

soulstrapsb111-1.jpg

Love this bass , feather weight too .
:love:

Love my G&L Tribute Bass. The thing crushes. Has a P pickup in the neck and a Jazz in the Bridge. Awesome.

Archived