Bandit reverb question

guitarbilly74

• Members

hey guys

so last night the reverb on my Peavey Bandit started to make this "clicking" sound, when I turn up the reverb I hear this "click, click, click" thing even if the amp is not being played. It happens on both channels and it is not really loud, when I am playing the guitar sound completely covers it up, but since I am thinking about selling it when I get the Mustang, I want to take care of it. What could the problem be?

• Members

hey guys

so last night the reverb on my Peavey Bandit started to make this "clicking" sound, when I turn up the reverb I hear this "click, click, click" thing even if the amp is not being played. It happens on both channels and it is not really loud, when I am playing the guitar sound completely covers it up, but since I am thinking about selling it when I get the Mustang, I want to take care of it. What could the problem be?

Sounds like interference. It sounds like a stupid question, but are you resting your cell phone on the amp?

• Members

hey guys

Sounds like interference. It sounds like a stupid question, but are you resting your cell phone on the amp?

• Members

hey guys

replace the reverb driver and recovery tubes... wait. Seriously though, I'd unplug the reverb connectors (with the reverb turned up) to see if it there is something inside the amp that is causing the sound. You might even try jumping the reverb send to the reverb return - though I don't know if that would harm the amp in any way. If the sound goes away then you can assume that the problem is in the reverb unit which isn't much. Just a pan with springs, a small transformer and a few wires. The first thing I'd do is clean the connectors and try it again.

If the reverb pan is bad they are very easy to replace but I don't know if it would be worth the cost.

Good luck.

I'd try to squirt some tuner lube (heh, I said tuner) on the reverb connectors to make sure they have a good connection.

• Members

replace the reverb driver and recovery tubes... wait. Seriously though, I'd unplug the reverb connectors (with the reverb turned up) to see if it there is something inside the amp that is causing the sound. You might even try jumping the reverb send to the reverb return - though I don't know if that would harm the amp in any way. If the sound goes away then you can assume that the problem is in the reverb unit which isn't much. Just a pan with springs, a small transformer and a few wires. The first thing I'd do is clean the connectors and try it again.

If the reverb pan is bad they are very easy to replace but I don't know if it would be worth the cost.

Good luck.

I'd try to squirt some tuner lube (heh, I said tuner) on the reverb connectors to make sure they have a good connection.

finally a good answer :thu: Thanks man, I will give this a shot. The reverb sounds good, aside from the clicking sound, so I am sure it is something minor, like you mentioned.

• Members

Check the springs in the reverb pan. They may be loose or rattling around. If the springs are loose, you may as well get a new pan. Sometimes the springs break off the little tips that secure them in the housing. Those tips are soldered to the rear, and I've used resistor leads and soldered them in place to fix a bad pan before. It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass.

• Members

Check the springs in the reverb pan. They may be loose or rattling around. If the springs are loose, you may as well get a new pan. Sometimes the springs break off the little tips that secure them in the housing. Those tips are soldered to the rear, and I've used resistor leads and soldered them in place to fix a bad pan before. It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass.

Cool, I will take the pan off tonight and see what I can do with it.

Archived