Just met the North American distributor of Fane int. speakers

Mike LX-R

• Members

How cool! and by coincidence no less.

So I've been trying to hock my speakers for a couple weeks, one V30 and one H30, and I put them up on CL last week. So this guy calls me and wants to buy both of them and today he drives out to my work to get them (sold them both for $100). We get to talking and I find out he's the North American distributor for Fane. I was like "NO {censored}?!?!?!"

I just recently bought Weber clones of Fane AXA's, only ceramic versions instead of Alnico, and I frikin' love them with my LH50R Laney. I've developed this curiosity about Fane speakers but they're tricky to come by in the US. This {censored}ing guy has a studio nearby where I live with several Mesa cabs loaded with all the current production Fane speakers. He gave me his card and said I could bring my amp down and demo them anytime :thu:

How cool!

• Members

How cool! and by coincidence no less.

So I've been trying to hock my speakers for a couple weeks, one V30 and one H30, and I put them up on CL last week. So this guy calls me and wants to buy both of them and today he drives out to my work to get them (sold them both for $100). We get to talking and I find out he's the North American distributor for Fane. I was like "NO {censored}?!?!?!"

I just recently bought Weber clones of Fane AXA's, only ceramic versions instead of Alnico, and I frikin' love them with my LH50R Laney. I've developed this curiosity about Fane speakers but they're tricky to come by in the US.
This {censored}ing guy
has a studio nearby where I live with several Mesa cabs loaded with all the current production Fane speakers. He gave me his card and said I could bring my amp down and demo them anytime
:thu:

How cool!

Ya, I bet that you go there with your amp.....wake up in a van down by the river!

• Members

music industry people are flaky.

He gave you the card, but you'll never be able to get a hold of him.

I had this happen to me with a bigwig at an amp company. He was all like, "OMGZ, I love the way you play, and you understand our amp philosophy. We want you to demo our gear at other midwest gear shows. Here is my card. call me!"

Was never able to get a hold of him. Then, he left the company.

talk talk talk. everybody is a big talker.

EDIT: Sorry, man. I don't want to rain on the parade, but it never works out for me.

• Members

music industry people are flaky.

He gave you the card, but you'll never be able to get a hold of him.

I had this happen to me with a bigwig at an amp company. He was all like, "OMGZ, I love the way you play, and you understand our amp philosophy. We want you to demo our gear at other midwest gear shows. Here is my card. call me!"

Was never able to get a hold of him. Then, he left the company.

talk talk talk. everybody is a big talker.

EDIT: Sorry, man. I don't want to rain on the parade, but it never works out for me.

yeah I probably haven't had enough experiences with industry people to develop the type of jaded perspective that I would need to guard myself against these kinds of false hopes and eventual let downs.

• Members

yeah I probably haven't had enough experiences with industry people to develop the type of jaded perspective that I would need to guard myself against these kinds of false hopes and eventual let downs.

:lol: Yeah, man. It might turn out awesome. Go for it. Just show up at his place with a guitar. I did this once with a semi-known local guitar builder, and got to play a Cameron Marshall in a Warehouse. The guy didn't do any business with me, but whatever. :lol:

Archived