PSA: Yamaha Pacifica 1221 for $80 in Boston area

colejustesen

• Members

Yeah I like it and it's still a great price on that geet...I just don't know if it is in the budget right meow.
:cry:

Dude I totally understand... I watched an awesome Godin guitar go for $250 on ebay with free shipping a year or so ago... The cheapest I have seen them since was around $450...

Cole

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude I totally understand... I watched an awesome Godin guitar go for $250 on ebay with free shipping a year or so ago... The cheapest I have seen them since was around $450...

Cole

I'll just wait and see. I explained the situation to him and he seemed to understand I'm not jerking him around.

• Members

Cole

In Boise...you shouldn't have that much trouble keeping it "in"...should ya? Here in FLA we have massive temp and humidity issues.....when taking guitars from place to place indoors and outdoors.

Like I said...once you "set" it...that should be the end of it, aside form VERY slight adjustments.

:idk:

The only real trouble you should be having is changing strings. I had a ovoid-shaped cigarette lighter (not like a bic...but flat sides) that I removed all the hardware from, and placed it behind the bridge. This keeps the floyd from falling backward when removing strings....makes it just like a hardtail. String change made easy!

• Members

In Boise...you shouldn't have that much trouble keeping it "in"...should ya? Here in FLA we have massive temp and humidity issues.....when taking guitars from place to place indoors and outdoors.

Like I said...once you "set" it...that should be the end of it, aside form VERY slight adjustments.

:idk:

The only real trouble you should be having is changing strings. I had a ovoid-shaped cigarette lighter (not like a bic...but flat sides) that I removed all the hardware from, and placed it behind the bridge. This keeps the floyd from falling backward when removing strings....makes it just like a hardtail. String change made easy!

It is pretty dry in Boise, but gets even more so in the winter. I don't have a problem with the tuning going out. What I meant about having to play with spring tension is if you decided to change string gauges or tunings. Having a Floyd Rose tremolo on my guitar was reason alone for me to get another guitar, that way I could have a different tuning. To me it was easier to buy a new guitar than to have to screw around setting up the bridge every time I wanted to change tuning.

Anyway, I don't even use it a tremolo. So for me, they aren't something I want... As far as string changes, I take one off and put a new one on and repeat with each string until I am done. It works, but I think your idea is even better! Thanks for the tip. I replaced the bridge as I had a licensed Floyd stock and I feel like it is a lot more stable, however I liked the way the strings mounted on the licensed bridge better than the OFR. They would slide into a barrel and come to a stop, rather than having to cut off the balls...

Really for me, I appreciate a fixed, hard tail setup...

Cole

• Members

Totally cool cole! I get you. I like both ways...and use both to max potential.

That's what I mean by "a good setup". I don't really change gauges or even string manufacturers. Once I decide what I want on a guitar...that's what it gets all the time. I have different guitars for different stuff.

• Members

Dang. Seller sold it locally. Not only am I bummed I missed it, I also passes on a Yamaha Ty Tabor model that sold for under $400. Guess it is not my week for new gear!

Dude that blows!!! I know you are an RGX guy, I will keep an eye out for some good RGX deals too for you!!!

EDIT: I have these locally on my craigslist...

http://boise.craigslist.org/msg/3263088167.html

http://boise.craigslist.org/msg/3323324928.html

Cole

Archived