Help me choose a bridge pickup for my ESP M1

Chrisjd

• Members

I have an ESP M1 that is alder, with an ebony board. it has 1 single bridge pickup. I tune it to C and currently have a SD distortion in there.

Now, I LOVE the distortion, but i find that in this guitar it sounds a little TOO bright and grainy in the high end. I am looking for something that is still very tight and aggressive in the mids, but with a little more tame high end to counter the already bright guitar.

Pickups that i am considering are the dimarzio d activator, crunch lab, and super 3, the BKP cold sweat, aftermath, and painkiller.

I would PREFER to NOT spend the money on BKP, but i am open to it.

what would you recommend given what i am trying to accomplish?

• Members

I have an ESP M1 that is alder, with an ebony board. it has 1 single bridge pickup. I tune it to C and currently have a SD distortion in there.

Now, I LOVE the distortion, but i find that in this guitar it sounds a little TOO bright and grainy in the high end. I am looking for something that is still very tight and aggressive in the mids, but with a little more tame high end to counter the already bright guitar.

Pickups that i am considering are the dimarzio d activator, crunch lab, and super 3, the BKP cold sweat, aftermath, and painkiller.

I would PREFER to NOT spend the money on BKP, but i am open to it.

what would you recommend given what i am trying to accomplish?

I've been through something similar with my SG, I tried the Duncan Distortion and it sounded good, but a tad too bright and grainy. Moved back to the DiMarzio Super Distortion and I got a bit more output, better low end, thicker midrange and less highs. I think you would be happy with the Super Distortion as well, based on your opinion on the Duncan Distortion, which is exactly the same as mine.

Archived