Getting back in the groove of playing?

spawnofthesith

• Members

The past couple months my playing has been in a complete rut. I've barely picked up the guitar since moving into my apartment (not being able to crank my amps playing a large factor). Additionally, right before the move, the other guitarist of my band quit, and we've pretty much been on hiatus since then. I just overall feel uninspired, and my chops are way down right now as well. Any tips for getting back into my guitar life?

• Members

Look into the Hot Plate if you are in an apartment. Reason I am saying this is I just picked up one and I have a GH100L as well. They sound great together. I am not in an apartment but I could it bring it down to apartment levels and still get a good tone out of it.

Other than that, just keep playing with your band as the only guitar player as you look for the second guitarist. That's IF you look for one, it's been playing without another guitarist for many years and don't miss it. Actually, soloing over a bass without the rhythm guitar will be a good way to break out of your rut. It's definitely different and inspiring.

Archived