HNUAD Mark III Blue Stripe

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Finally have had a chance to really play this sucker for a minute, and wow. The reputation was right. This thing is way meaner sounding than my either of my Mark IVs or my Mark III red stripe. The first thing I noticed is the voicing is much lower than the red stripe. When I first plugged into it I had to make sure I was on my bridge and not my neck pick up because the mids seem to sit way lower. I've done that a few times. Also the gain is has a way grindy-er quality to it. It almost amazing the Red Stripe and Blue stripe are the same amps. The Red stripe is closer to sounding like a High Gain Marshall, and this way closer to sounding like a cross between a Recto and Mark IV. Amyway, I can't wait to crank this bitch at band practice Thursday, that's the real test of what something sounds like. So far I'm loving the {censored} out of it though.

35D35302.jpg

497056F7.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tech21man

View Post

This is a perfect rig right there, doesn't need anything nor you can blame anything in the chain. Happy ending for you?!

But of course. The thing people don't get about why I have so many amps those Is I run a studio, and when kids in bands see all those amps they go eek.giflove.gif and can't wait to book time with me and get to record their dream tones. They really are a great selling tool, they don't get that I have one of the best, if not the best mic collection of any studio in Northeast ohio,(yes even Lave room), but amps they get, and hearing the tones I've gotten for other bands with them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Horrible

View Post

But of course. The thing people don't get about why I have so many amps those Is I run a studio, and when kids in bands see all those amps they go eek.giflove.gif and can't wait to book time with me and get to record their dream tones. They really are a great selling tool, they don't get that I have one of the best, if not the best mic collection of any studio in Northeast ohio,(yes even Lave room), but amps they get, and hearing the tones I've gotten for other bands with them.

What kind of mic collection are we talking about here?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules View Post
What kind of mic collection are we talking about here?
2x AKG B-ULS
2x AKG B-XLS
2x Neuman KM84s
AKG B-XLII
2x Cascade Fat Heads
5x Sennheiser MD421
10x SM57
Shure Beta 52
2x AKG D112
Audix D6
Shure SM7B

It's not the worlds biggest, but for what I do it does the trick great.

• Members

Finally got to play this thing at practice yesterday, I'm sold. For my tonal needs this thing is perfect. This amp has done nothing but impress me. Perfect balance of clarity and aggression, low end thump and mid range cut, amazing feel and a low noise floor, and a just slightly lower than normal mid center that makes it emphasize more low mids that I love. This thing is a 10/10, perfect amp. Sounds great at low volumes, sounds great with a band, sounds great recorded. Only amp I have that does all three so seemless. I'm in love.

• Members

Congrats brother! thumb.gif For us gear head guitarists, there's no better feeling.

I've toyed with the idea of offing my red stripe for a Framus Cobra. Everytime I plug back into the Mark, I end up jamming on it longer than anticipated and it just blows me away. I've finally come to the realization and conclusion that it is going NOWHERE.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by PurityS.L.G. View Post
Congrats brother! thumb.gif For us gear head guitarists, there's no better feeling.

I've toyed with the idea of offing my red stripe for a Framus Cobra. Everytime I plug back into the Mark, I end up jamming on it longer than anticipated and it just blows me away. I've finally come to the realization and conclusion that it is going NOWHERE.
Love my red stripe. That's like my 1B amp, and this is now my 1A. I would sell every other amp I have before I would sell my Mark IIIs. They are just the perfect amps IMO.

• Members

The tonal differences have probably more to do with tube differences and component wear. Despite the subtle differences between the stripes, they are basically the same amp from one stripe to another. With the same tubes and with everything in perfect working order a blue stripe will not sound drastically different from any other stripe, a Mark sounds like a Mark, not a recto.

• Members

BTW i've owned a blue, a green and a red stripe, they all got sent to boogie for a checkup at one point or another... The sonic differences were subtle, and had more to do with feel/response than anything. Supposedly the red stripe is closest to a IIc+ but who cares cause they all sounded great.

Archived