Inexpensive/budget Pickups for Metal ...any hidden gems?

Johansolo

• Members

I disagree with this A LOT!!! 65 bucks for most dimarzios, and they sound awesome. Replaced my EMGs, and I like them better than the BKP, MCP, BG, and duncans Ive had.

I said MOST dimarzios. I simply believe seymour duncan, which is dimarzio's main competitor, puts out a better product in most of their pickups.

There are good Dimarzios, but when i think dimarzio i think of some guy with his cheesy ibanez who has no clue about tone.

I will admit, one dimarzio i forgot to mention that is made in 7 string configuration only that i loved in an ESP SCB607 was the Dimarzio Blaze custom. that thing sounded sweet in that guitar.

• Members

I said MOST dimarzios. I simply believe seymour duncan, which is dimarzio's main competitor, puts out a better product in most of their pickups.

There are good Dimarzios, but when i think dimarzio i think of some guy with his cheesy ibanez who has no clue about tone.

I will admit, one dimarzio i forgot to mention that is made in 7 string configuration only that i loved in an ESP SCB607 was the Dimarzio Blaze custom. that thing sounded sweet.

As a former Dimarzio die hard fanboi, I agree 100%.

Duncans, in general, just sound "better" and more "musical" to me.

That said, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the X2N.

• Members

Yeah, the 321 first came out in basswood, but then they changed it to the MH version. As far as a Super Distortion being harsh in basswood is concerned, I disagree. I have one in my basswood 321 and it's a great combo. I tried an Evolution in it prior and it wasn't a good match. The Evolution does love mahogany, though, and I have one in a maple neck bolt on mahogany bodied guitar that is similar to the 321MH. If I had a 321MH I would likely go that route, although I've been curious about some of these budget pickup brands.

Archived