I found the tone of the gods tonight...

Ovid9

• Members

and it was glorious.

Simply glorious. AMAZINGLY glorious. So glorious, it caused my {censored}ing cable to stop working and now I'm posting here instead of doing pathetic black sabbath ripoff riffs.

I can't really say exactly what my settings were, but the things involved were this:

Agile 3100 with Duncan '59 ->

EQD Speaker Cranker ->

EQD Monarch ->

SUF Civil War Muff ->

Acoustic Controls Corp 150->

Peavey 1810 cab*

All I needed to do was crank the volume on the ACC150 from ~1/4 volume to ~3/4 volume and I would have been in some sort of doom nirvana. It was {censored}ing amazing. :love:

*Oh, yeah, I traded my Triumph 60 combo and a little cash for a decent condition peavey 1810 combo. I am one happy man today. :D

• Members

I thought they were bass speakers?

Depends on who you ask.

They were sold as a bass cabinet, but the Black Widow and Scorpion speakers were available in Guitar cabinets too (just in different sizes).

They work well as guitar cabs. LOUD AS {censored} guitar cabs. No worry about running a 100w tube amp wide open. :thu:

• Members

Ovid, bro.

Acoustic 150 + civil war + big cabs= I understand completely. The acoustic 150 is brutally loud and it sounds great with big fuzz pedals.

Hey, Gene, I know you've had basically all the amps; have you had a Sunn Beta Lead by any chance? To compare to the Acoustic 150.

I think I have a thing for SS amps and fuzzes...

Ovid: those 1810 cabs shred, dude. Your toan must be glorious.

• Members

Hey Ovid- did you replace that cable? How's the cab doin?

Cab is kicking ass! :D

I wonder if the pawnshop near me still has their 400 Stereo Chorus there. I could set up a twin rig to yours! :lol:

My next quest is for one of these bad boys! :o

1zyvndk.jpg

Ok, not really, I'd need a forklift to move it and would have no place to store it. :lol:

• Members

Id love to jam w you Ovid, that rig and mine would be loud as {censored} with minimal talent coming from either side
:lol:

hell yes! :rawk:

I've been spending the afternoon learning to play the intro and main riff to "Enter Sandman." Of course I've been doing it sitting on my couch watching football, but still! :lol:

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post
Hey, Gene, I know you've had basically all the amps; have you had a Sunn Beta Lead by any chance? To compare to the Acoustic 150.

I think I have a thing for SS amps and fuzzes...

Ovid: those 1810 cabs shred, dude. Your toan must be glorious.
Brendan,

I've never had a Sunn Beta Lead. That's a big SS amp, right?

SS Amps to which I've compared the Acoustic 150:

Roland JC-120H
Pearce G2R
Ampeg G412 (yes, it's a 4x12 combo for guitar)
Crate GX130C

Volume-wise, the Roland JC120 Head might be the loudest amp I've ever heard. Like Earth-shattering. Louder than my VHT 2150, Louder than my Marshall 9100, etc. However, They're getting more expensive, and I still think the old Acoustic stuff sounds better with fuzz. FWIW, their cabs sound awesome too. The Ampeg is cool, but still not as good as the Acoustic.

Archived