Good political hip hop/rap?

yourguitarhero

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHed

View Post

Seeing as the whole genre was founded on ripping off other people's work and then passing it off at your own, I have a hard time even pretending to respect the genre on any level.

And musically speaking, Hip Hop is technically music in the same way that vomit technically is food.

But different strokes for different folks, if someone else digs it, more power to them.

Unlike rock and roll, which sprang forth in it's wholly original completeness in 1964.

• Members

Lol, the guy's username is MetalHed. Case closed.

Yes, there is terrible hip hop, rap or r'n'b out there. But there is also some really good stuff.

I liked Flobots - Handlebars, T-Kash - Made in America (quite similar to Immortal Technique though), Sage Francis - Slow Down Gandi and Army of Pharoahs - Seven

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHed

View Post

Seeing as the whole genre was founded on ripping off other people's work and then passing it off at your own, I have a hard time even pretending to respect the genre on any level.

And musically speaking, Hip Hop is technically music in the same way that vomit technically is food.

But different strokes for different folks, if someone else digs it, more power to them.

herp derp boring.gif

Archived