Traynor YBA-1 and Fender HRD go head-to-head, in stereo!

arcadesonfire

• Members

Don't know about the amps, but I dig that first song. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules View Post
PS what are you using to split the signal between the two amps?

I want to be able to run my JMP and Silvertone in stereo
Splitting with the TimeFactor judging by his sig.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post
Yeah I'd say timefactor is doing the stereo out

Sounds cool, man. I'd love to pick up one of those traynors. That and the reverb master seem to come up on florida CL's all the time
It seems like the secret is out on them. Prices have jumped 25% on them in the last 6 months or so. Where you used to be able to get them for $400 or even less, they're not at least $500 if not more.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the $350 YBA-1.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules View Post
It seems like the secret is out on them. Prices have jumped 25% on them in the last 6 months or so. Where you used to be able to get them for $400 or even less, they're not at least $500 if not more.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the $350 YBA-1.
That's the thing. They're pretty much ALWAYS listed for $550. While that's not terrible, it's certainly not the $350 ish they were going for a year or two ago.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for listening. The cleaner, more dynamic Fender is on the left in the first song with the more compressed gritty Traynor on the right. They're flipped in the second, with the Fender spank on the right.

And yep, I split the signal with the TimeFactor delay pedal.

The Traynor rocks! Luckily, I got it 10 years ago. I was obsessed with trying to get Van Halen's old school brown sound, and folks here on Harmony Central pointed me toward the Traynor YBA-1. I bought it off some guy in Vancouver for $260 !!!

Now i'm playing in the Brooklyn indiehipster scene (trying to be better than the others) and a couple years ago, the biggest music shop in Williamsburg (Main Drag Music) was filled with vintage Traynor heads like this, usually around $500.... now they're all sold out. They've been dispersed. I'm freakin lucky I got mine so long ago. It's a dear friend to me now.

I'm using it pretty clean with this band. But i've got a HotPlate for it, so whenever I want, I can pump up the bright channel volume knob and play "Eruption"... mmm mmm mmm.... And using the TimeFactor delay to make a flanger sound makes for quite a convincing "Unchained" as well.

Archived