Pacquiao v Marquez

nitrous2400

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Caulk Rocket View Post
I think he'll agree to Olympic style testing now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...200532499.html
Pfft, having a strength and conditioning coach who just so happened to be a key witness in the Balco trial, and was a known supplier of PEDs to athletes doesn't mean he's roid-ing...

It means he "mis-remembers" using PEDs cop.gif

I for one think he'll test positive for something...it wasn't a psychological stunt like the announcers said, it was clearly like Barry Bonds before and after. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nitrous2400 View Post
Pfft, having a strength and conditioning coach who just so happened to be a key witness in the Balco trial, and was a known supplier of PEDs to athletes doesn't mean he's roid-ing...

It means he "mis-remembers" using PEDs cop.gif

I for one think he'll test positive for something...it wasn't a psychological stunt like the announcers said, it was clearly like Barry Bonds before and after. icon_lol.gif

Look at his performance and physique against Mayweather, who demanded Olympic style testing.

• Members

It's not, but it is a very common occurrence when an ortho fights a southpaw.

My sparring partner was a southpaw and it always happens because an ortho needs to stay on the outside of the sp lead foot to keep him from circling and to maintain the ortho's main offense- straight right.

:themoreyouknow:

• Members

IMO Manny is still the best pound for pound boxer in the world. His problem is he's lost focus with his boxing success, money, singing crap and politics. He doesn't have the drive to be as great as he once was and at this point I don't think he will ever get that drive back. Now with 2 losses in a row it doesn't look like there will ever be a Manny/Floyd fight. With the way Manny is now I don't think he could win anyway. Floyd will take on Marquez which he beat up easily the last time they fought.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

IMO Manny is still the best pound for pound boxer in the world. His problem is he's lost focus with his boxing success, money, singing crap and politics. He doesn't have the drive to be as great as he once was and at this point I don't think he will ever get that drive back. Now with 2 losses in a row it doesn't look like there will ever be a Manny/Floyd fight. With the way Manny is now I don't think he could win anyway. Floyd will take on Marquez which he beat up easily the last time they fought.

Which actually makes sense to book with Mayweather tbqh, so we can see Mayweather talk trash.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jlb32 View Post
He is not even in the top five p4p. Andre ward cleaned out the super middle weight division over the course of a few years and defeated the reigning light heavey weight champion is impressive style. Sergio Martinez has been the top dog for a few years. Floyd may weather is still unbeatable. Then you have Abner mares, Orlando salido, nonito donaire
Even though they both lost to Andre ward, chad Dawson and Carl froch should be high than pacquio, there completion in the past 3 years are high caliber than pacs opponents and none of there fights were catch weights.
In fact Juan Manuel Marquez should be higher than PAC since he just knocked him out.
P4P is about who is the best right now, not really who they are in there entire career. Sure there past fight are factors but PAC has not looked good in his last 3 fights which span the course of a full year.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Caulk Rocket View Post
Look at his performance and physique against Mayweather, who demanded Olympic style testing.
Lets remember two things, JMM has more knock outs in his career than PAC does, so it is not stunning that he was able to knock PAC out. Plus that was a perfectly placed punch, the same punch Sergio Martinez used against Paul Williams.
When it comes to the may weather fight, let's remember that Floyd never made an effort to lose weight. Plus styles make fight. PAC comes coward a lot which fits well with Marquez. Floyd counters a lot and cause Marquez was a lot slower than Floyd and it a boring fight and left Marquez with no real offense.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JeffHenneman View Post
Lets remember two things, JMM has more knock outs in his career than PAC does,

At which weight classes? Has he knocked out someone the size of Hatton or Cotto with a single punch?

so it is not stunning that he was able to knock PAC out. Plus that was a perfectly placed punch, the same punch Sergio Martinez used against Paul Williams.

It's not the final punch. It's the knockdown early in the fight. They had fought 36 rounds, with Marquez being dropped four times. Pac walked through that same punch with ease before.

When it comes to the may weather fight, let's remember that Floyd never made an effort to lose weight. Plus styles make fight. PAC comes coward a lot which fits well with Marquez. Floyd counters a lot and cause Marquez was a lot slower than Floyd and it a boring fight and left Marquez with no real offense.

Floyd also demanded Olympic style testing. Pac did not.

• Members

At which weight classes? Has he knocked out someone the size of Hatton or Cotto with a single punch?

The cotto fight was a catch weight fight and cotto has already had trouble losing weight in his career. Dehydration messes with your equalibrium and it was too much weight lose for cotto at that age so I was not that amazed with that knock out. Plus weight loss like that leaves you with no energy. Plus, since the best down by margarito, either legal or not, he still suffered a lot of punishment and has not been that same since.

Hatton came off of a knockout lose against many weather, he should have taken more time off before fighting again. Plus Hutton is an easy target.

Both fighters were damaged good. PAC wanted to fight cotto again but cotto said they had to move up in weight this time and they declined

It's not the final punch. It's the knockdown early in the fight. They had fought 36 rounds, with Marquez being dropped four times. Pac walked through that same punch with ease before.

It was a very well placed punch that reached around pacs left hand. Marquez has landed that ouch pretty constantly in there fights and has knock him off balance a few times with that. PAC was standing stationary and that is what cause him too go down that time.

Floyd also demanded Olympic style testing. Pac did not.

And it's funny that since Floyd has demanded that, PAC "was superstitious about blood being taken and it makes him weak" , two separate reason he doesn't want to do it, He has not gotten a single knockout.

They say the last thing to go is a fighters punch, which his usually true. The reality is this, you can only carry your power up in weight to a certain point after that the naturally bigger fights are too much to handle. PAC has stopped carry his power up with him that last few years is my opinion, but the point about the drug testing is interesting.

• Members

Pacquiao should never have taken this fight, the unless he wanted to stay outside and get a decision and he did that already. Freddy Roach all of a suddon though Manny could become Gerorge Foreman over night. Great fight two great fighters, have to hand to Manny for trying to get the KO against Marquez ...he must of thought 39 is old ;-)

I think they used Shure wireless Mics through a SS PA ;-)

• Members

He is not even in the top five p4p. Andre ward cleaned out the super middle weight division over the course of a few years and defeated the reigning light heavey weight champion is impressive style. Sergio Martinez has been the top dog for a few years. Floyd may weather is still unbeatable. Then you have Abner mares, Orlando salido, nonito donaire

Even though they both lost to Andre ward, chad Dawson and Carl froch should be high than pacquio, there completion in the past 3 years are high caliber than pacs opponents and none of there fights were catch weights.

In fact Juan Manuel Marquez should be higher than PAC since he just knocked him out.

P4P is about who is the best right now, not really who they are in there entire career. Sure there past fight are factors but PAC has not looked good in his last 3 fights which span the course of a full year.

That's why I said he lost focus. Of course he's not considered one of the best P4P right now but IMO he would be one of the best P4P if his boxing success, politics, singing and money hadn't made him slack and become somewhat lazy. He just doesn't have the drive anymore due to all of those things. If he was still hungry like he was in his early career I personally think he still has the skill but of course he doesn't have that drive and hunger and IMO never will again.

• Members

Pacquiao should never have taken this fight, the unless he wanted to stay outside and get a decision and he did that already. Freddy Roach all of a suddon though Manny could become Gerorge Foreman over night. Great fight two great fighters, have to hand to Manny for trying to get the KO against Marquez ...he must of thought 39 is old ;-)

I think they used Shure wireless Mics through a SS PA ;-)

Freddy Roach didn't want him to take this fight but once Manny took it they wanted to try to knock Marquez out and end all questions. By doing that and taking more risks he left himself vunerable and got knocked out himself instead.

• Members

That's why I said he lost focus. Of course he's not considered one of the best P4P right now but IMO he would be one of the best P4P if his boxing success, politics, singing and money hadn't made him slack and become somewhat lazy. He just doesn't have the drive anymore due to all of those things. If he was still hungry like he was in his early career I personally think he still has the skill but of course he doesn't have that drive and hunger and IMO never will again.

I thought you said "IMO Manny is still the best pound for pound boxer in the world." Are you saying he is or isn't?

Archived