bigsbys.... please school me

sleewell

• Members

I like the aesthetic. I'm a hard-tail dude, so tuning stability is neither here nor there for me. I like that they're top mounted, so you don't have to rout out a chunk of the guitar, and think they class up about 3/4ths of the stuff they're put in. As a trem unit...well, I think they're a cool looking bridge? I'd rather just bite the bullet on a Floyd.

• Members

I love the way Bigsby's look but always seemed to play really archaic compared to a normal trem.

you say archaic... I say classy lol.... but despite their short comings, the only one I can think of is their limited range, there are some decent advantages to them. The main one for me being that can adjust your tuning on a single string without sending the rest of the guitar out of tune while still having a trem that can pitch the notes flat AND sharp, if you have a strat type trem or Floyd you can't do that without flush mounting it which means you can only pitch notes flat and if you're Floyd or strat trem is floating, Drop D tuning isn't in the cards for you...

Archived