What fuzz do I need?

Herptheflerp

• Members

So after reading so many fuzz threads on here I dropped the cash on a used Hartman bc108 fuzz face clone. I enjoy it, but it seems that unity volume is at the max on the volume level, and it just seems somewhat... tame I guess idn_smilie.gif

I want that raunchy over the top feedback laden tone, but this pedal even with the level and fuzz set at the max just doesn't seem to get raunchy or rude enough. What am I looking for? Am currently eyeing some tonebender mk1.5 and mkII clones but not sure if that is what I should be looking at.
Playing through a mahogany guitar with suhr aldrich pickups into a jca50, crunch channel with the gain set to just barely edge of breakup and volume anywhere from 2-3 to 5-7.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

It depends are you after just a fuzz face type tone or is a muff type tone ok? For over the top fuzz check out Zvex or Devi Ever

Devi Ever

Edited for an even better idea

The thing is I have two stomp under foot pedals, the Violet rams head and the son of a bee, both great for certain lead applications, but I am looking more for a pedal that's on all the time and I can use to guitar volume to clean with, the silicon fuzz face does an okay job but just seems too tame when I go balls to the wall with it.

Archived