How well would Celestion vintage 30's mesh with G12K-100s in X pattern?

Chrisjd

• Members

Thanks for the responses. I am apprehensive about buying anything other than vintage 30 considering they're my favorite from what i've tried. I've been reading a lot of reviews on the G12K100. seems like a lot of people think of them as a higher power t75, which isn't encouraging.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
Thanks for the responses. I am apprehensive about buying anything other than vintage 30 considering they're my favorite from what i've tried. I've been reading a lot of reviews on the G12K100. seems like a lot of people think of them as a higher power t75, which isn't encouraging.
no that's absolutely wrong. That would be the T-100, not the K-100.

The studio has a 1960A with 75's I use sometimes, and whenever I use that cab I set my mids to 8. With my Randall cab with K100's I have my mids set to 3 for basically the same tone.

The 75's are A LOT more scooped than K100s.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nakedzen View Post
I didn't like the K100's with V30's, went with a Texas Heat/K100 mix which sounds much warmer and fuller.
Interesting. The texas heats are mean sounding speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
no that's absolutely wrong. That would be the T-100, not the K-100.

The studio has a 1960A with 75's I use sometimes, and whenever I use that cab I set my mids to 8. With my Randall cab with K100's I have my mids set to 3 for basically the same tone.

The 75's are A LOT more scooped than K100s.
Interesting. good to know. I wish i could just try them out first...

• Members

They mesh well. I have one of each in a 2x12. I guess it's more of a "straight-line" pattern than an "X-pattern", but it's the same concept. The G12K neutralizes the upper-mid spike from the V30 a little bit while adding more low-end. I got the cab stock with 2 V30's in it and have tried it with 2 G12K's too, but the V30/G12K combo sounded the best in my opinion.

And for what it's worth, I personally hate the G12-T75's. The G12K sounds nothing like it. If they did, I wouldn't use it wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LukeBurke1 View Post
They mesh well. I have one of each in a 2x12. I guess it's more of a "straight-line" pattern than an "X-pattern", but it's the same concept. The G12K neutralizes the upper-mid spike from the V30 a little bit while adding more low-end. I got the cab stock with 2 V30's in it and have tried it with 2 G12K's too, but the V30/G12K combo sounded the best in my opinion.

And for what it's worth, I personally hate the G12-T75's. The G12K sounds nothing like it. If they did, I wouldn't use it wink.gif
Thanks for that information...

Archived