Running a pedal at 12v: never knew it'd be such a pain in the ass

Mike LX-R

• Members

thanks. for the time being I'm just going to deal with it like billy suggested, but I'm also going to follow Dave's advice and give my DC brick to a homeless guy and either buy one of the Pedal Power units or that BBE Supa Charger (most likely the BBE) that NFA has.

• Members

Pedal Power > all

ISO5 mang.

Billy, I'll hit ya up tomorrow. Thinking on it. It will be for cover band usage, and I'll still have my analog style pedal board biggrin.gif

Just something to grab with the little combo so I can have the g-switch, tuner and channel switcher for the amp. Ie when I don't need funky analog delay and crazy fuzz biggrin.gif (those gigs that actually pay!)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
One does not run fuzz pedals off the Pedal Power poke.gif

Those are run on batteries. I vote we re-ban you, m night. I saw one of your movies and it sucked poke.gif
Ya know, I really wanna say something mean about Mikey now, but I was told I'm not allowed to say such things anymore.

cry.gif

mufus take away all my fun.

• Members

Boom!

Btw to answer your question, germanium fuzzes don't respond well on 9v supplies. Funny enough the pedal power 2+ has dip switches to drop voltage down to 4-5v which is ideal. Voodoo makes the only power supplies endorsed by analogman and Pete Cornish. Two huge names in boutique pedals, both of whom refuse to compromise.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
Boom!

Btw to answer your question, germanium fuzzes don't respond well on 9v supplies. Funny enough the pedal power 2+ has dip switches to drop voltage down to 4-5v which is ideal. Voodoo makes the only power supplies endorsed by analogman and Pete Cornish. Two huge names in boutique pedals, both of whom refuse to compromise.
well then there you {censored}ing go. done, finished...

...getting a pedal power 2 plus and calling it a {censored}ing day thumb.gif

Archived