Sunday Drumjam anyone?

Killzone

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

View Post

HO LEE {censored} BALLZ that sounds {censored}ing INCREDIBLE!!!!

I think Im gonna have to use my peavey vypyr for this one...Ill play with direct and micing...my buddy is borrowing the 5150 combo at the moment.

Thanks RAF.. I'll repeat! Since I consider myself somewhat of an expert with that amp having played it for so long.. Im telling you its sounding the best ever.. It was one of these times where new tubes did an amazing wake up call to the amp.. They are reading 48ma which is a little high, but I bet somewhere up around 40 ma should prolly sound great too.. BUt honestly you play so quiet, Im not sure youd notice a difference. I remember the one time I gave you my settings and you felt it was too bass heavy, then I saw a picture of your settings and the only way your settings wouldnt sound like a a tin can was at basically as low as the amp could go. lol... Because unless yours is totally different than every other combo Ive played, they are kinda thin sounding amps, especially the lead.. And I tried your settings and it felt like I was playing thru a 6 inch speaker, unless I had it super low. But I play with at the volume at least on 2 and I know your situation doesnt really allow that, but even on 1 the amp starts to open up a little.. You are at like .3! When its that low it doesnt even sound like the same amp to me.. But your recordings so pretty decent, so it works for you.. And thats really the key,, just getting {censored} to work for you.. Anyway, you have a knack for recording really low, but I would be the Vyper would sound best going direct.. In fact Id be curious how it does sound.. And I tried the tube Vyper(actually bought one) and to me most of the high gain channels sounded really similar.. I returned it cause of that, and the fact the combo's raw tone crushed any of the emulations...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy God

View Post

I had something recorded and then I realized Reaper {censored}ing sped up the track for some reason. I think it's because I imported the file and then set the BPM after. Derp.

Ahh, who cares.. Post it! I alter the drum tracks all the time! lol Although, Im surprised the tempo would change because of the tempo track.. I never had that alter recorded material. Something like MIDI would be automatically changed but not audio.. Perhaps your project was at a different sample rate and and the track was playing back at say 44.1khz and you were set at 48khz.. That would alter tempo..

Quote Originally Posted by afxwinter

View Post

Here's my go at it:

afxwinter - NYE Drumjam

I got a MIDI keyboard for xmas so I've been dying to get some use out of it smile.gif

This sounds amazing man, great job!

Thanks and Im gonna check yours in a few...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

HO LEE {censored} BALLZ that sounds {censored}ing INCREDIBLE!!!!

I think Im gonna have to use my peavey vypyr for this one...Ill play with direct and micing...my buddy is borrowing the 5150 combo at the moment.

Thanks RAF.. I'll repeat! Since I consider myself somewhat of an expert with that amp having played it for so long.. Im telling you its sounding the best ever.. It was one of these times where new tubes did an amazing wake up call to the amp.. They are reading 48ma which is a little high, but I bet somewhere up around 40 ma should prolly sound great too.. BUt honestly you play so quiet, Im not sure youd notice a difference. I remember the one time I gave you my settings and you felt it was too bass heavy, then I saw a picture of your settings and the only way your settings wouldnt sound like a a tin can was at basically as low as the amp could go. lol... Because unless yours is totally different than every other combo Ive played, they are kinda thin sounding amps, especially the lead.. And I tried your settings and it felt like I was playing thru a 6 inch speaker, unless I had it super low. But I play with at the volume at least on 2 and I know your situation doesnt really allow that, but even on 1 the amp starts to open up a little.. You are at like .3! When its that low it doesnt even sound like the same amp to me.. But your recordings so pretty decent, so it works for you.. And thats really the key,, just getting {censored} to work for you.. Anyway, you have a knack for recording really low, but I would be the Vyper would sound best going direct.. In fact Id be curious how it does sound.. And I tried the tube Vyper(actually bought one) and to me most of the high gain channels sounded really similar.. I returned it cause of that, and the fact the combo's raw tone crushed any of the emulations...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy God

View Post

I had something recorded and then I realized Reaper {censored}ing sped up the track for some reason. I think it's because I imported the file and then set the BPM after. Derp.

Ahh, who cares.. Post it! I alter the drum tracks all the time! lol Although, Im surprised the tempo would change because of the tempo track.. I never had that alter recorded material. Something like MIDI would be automatically changed but not audio.. Perhaps your project was at a different sample rate and and the track was playing back at say 44.1khz and you were set at 48khz.. That would alter tempo..

Quote Originally Posted by afxwinter

View Post

Here's my go at it:

afxwinter - NYE Drumjam

I got a MIDI keyboard for xmas so I've been dying to get some use out of it smile.gif

This sounds amazing man, great job!

Thanks and Im gonna check yours in a few...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime View Post
I put all these details in the Tonefinder link.. But again this is my 5150 combo with the tubes that run a little above what would be considered "safe", but I swear its the best the amp has ever sounded in all the years Ive used this amp.. I didnt have time to add a bass track so it doesnt sound as huge as it could, but whatever.. Oh yeah.. My fairly new Bare KNuckle VHii pickup was used.. The first time a Bare Knuckle has impressed me.. I love low output pickups, especially for metal, but some dont work now matter how hard I try.. This one works.. Its just a huge sound in the room.. Although its very bright at the same time.. I love that! done blabbing.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?...id&value=14026
Oh god!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime View Post
I put all these details in the Tonefinder link.. But again this is my 5150 combo with the tubes that run a little above what would be considered "safe", but I swear its the best the amp has ever sounded in all the years Ive used this amp.. I didnt have time to add a bass track so it doesnt sound as huge as it could, but whatever.. Oh yeah.. My fairly new Bare KNuckle VHii pickup was used.. The first time a Bare Knuckle has impressed me.. I love low output pickups, especially for metal, but some dont work now matter how hard I try.. This one works.. Its just a huge sound in the room.. Although its very bright at the same time.. I love that! done blabbing.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?...id&value=14026
Oh god!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

And Im in.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?...id&value=14033

Endtime, I just read your post after recording this. I used the vypyr going direct haha. Worked pretty well. Had to crank the master on the amp to get it to pick up in the DAW. One side is my XXX model, and one is my 6505 model. This little {censored}er is SUPER fun and sounds awesome. Panned the tracks 75% each side, also got the focusrite compressor and EQ on each channel, and a limiter on the master...

My buddy is borrowing the 5150 at the moment, so I couldnt use that, but he said he had it keeping up with his other guitar players 5150 head and avatar 412 with V30s, so I dunno. I wasnt at that show, so I cant comment on it, but I was easily keeping up with his drummer at his practice space. I doubt Ill ever NEED another amp, but based on the vypyrs model, Im 100% sure that my next amp will be a XXX, and Im hoping that happens sometime this year, but we will see lol.

• Members

And Im in.

Endtime, I just read your post after recording this. I used the vypyr going direct haha. Worked pretty well. Had to crank the master on the amp to get it to pick up in the DAW. One side is my XXX model, and one is my 6505 model. This little {censored}er is SUPER fun and sounds awesome. Panned the tracks 75% each side, also got the focusrite compressor and EQ on each channel, and a limiter on the master...

My buddy is borrowing the 5150 at the moment, so I couldnt use that, but he said he had it keeping up with his other guitar players 5150 head and avatar 412 with V30s, so I dunno. I wasnt at that show, so I cant comment on it, but I was easily keeping up with his drummer at his practice space. I doubt Ill ever NEED another amp, but based on the vypyrs model, Im 100% sure that my next amp will be a XXX, and Im hoping that happens sometime this year, but we will see lol.

• Members

View Post

And Im in.

Great tone Raf...the Vypers arnt too bad. I had a 15 for a little while but only tried direct mic'ing it. High gain tones are pretty decent.

• Members

View Post

And Im in.

Great tone Raf...the Vypers arnt too bad. I had a 15 for a little while but only tried direct mic'ing it. High gain tones are pretty decent.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime

View Post

@Killzone's take- Interesting Tone.. Definitely Old school death metal.. Actually had kinda the Obituary SLowly We Rot sound to it.. Your jam took me back to my youth when I was 13 y.o driving with my Dad to one of my hockey games.. And we had gotten lost. I was listening to Slowly we Rot in the car and he was getting all pissed about being lost and was cursing and yelling to no one in particular, so I kept turning it up! lol.. He finally got really pissed and ripped the tape out and threw it in to the back@! I definitely realized then that this music does bring out the negative in some people.. But in myself, it just brought a good feeling... lolol

@PDbyS jam- Again kinda that old school recorded on Analog in the basement type sound.. Good job

Nice kinda reminds me of old Nevermore, back when they had balls. Only, with bigger balls. thumb.gif

Archived