bugera v22/v55 does any one know what amps are copied?

Edge11

• Members

Which cab did you try it with? What tubes were in it?

I can say for sure with the matching cab, and stock tubes (biased improperly) i wouldnt like it either.

I definitely had to put about 3 hours of work, rolling tubes and biasing to get the thing sounding like it does.

And i must say the bugera in my eyes is better on the GAIN side ONLY. Peavey has one of my favorite clean channels ever, and imo the bugera cannot touch the peavey when it comes to the clean channel. Thats why i have a bias modded valveking too.

~mkie~

The cab was a Randall XL with V30's and C90's in an X pattern, and the tubes were =C= 6L6's.

• Members

The cab was a Randall XL with V30's and C90's in an X pattern, and the tubes were =C= 6L6's.

Yeah i almost sold mine at first because i pulled out the 6l6's without hearing them. Then i baised up the el-34s, totally differnt beast.

Actually for one reason or the other the amps bias range wouldnt even accomodate my 6l6's. It wouldn't bias any higher than 19ma . They should have been atleast at 32 . This might be why the amp sounds no good with 6l6's

~mike~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The soon-to-be-released Bugera BC30 I think it is, is a Matchless DC30 copy and sounds absolutely amazing.
:eek:
I heard a demo unit already. I will buy it instantly as soon as it's for sale in the USA. I bet a whole lot of you guys will too.
:cop:

Hmm this sounds interesting...

How would you describe it?

• Members

tried out the v22 today. I was pretty impressed. I'm not sure if they are my kind of cleans, but they were good (more sparkly, bright). To be honest the gain channel wasn't good IMO, it sounded shrill. I wish I spent more time with it but it was at GC and the speaker was messed up :facepalm:

• 4 months later...
  • Members

It wouldnt surprise me if the 6262 was SIMLAR to the 5150. They do sound similar. But whatever component values they changed, it was for the better as it sounds better IMO.

On the other hand, the 333xl's are not even close to the jsx. The jsx makes me want cry it sounds so bad by comparison.

but yeah, would be nice to see the schematic.

~mike~

Dude who ever said that the amp to compare it with was the JSX?

Think XXX or slight recto spin-off and you are almost in.

Actually the damn 333XL sings through direct out with impulses it. Youtube it and check a guy out!!!

The V22 are supposed to be peavey classic preamp (fender thing copy anyway) with less EL84's bugera speaker, MDF cabinet. All cost cutting solution and terrible QC and switching problems but the sound is supposedely really good especially on the cleans!

With three years warranty I would not hesitate to buy one but I would hesitate to gig it.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I have to agree with jhall... The Bugera V22 is one of my fave amps, nearly as authentic as Page or Clapton. I don't know if I would replace it yearly just to have it, but the tube frame is easy to service and easily rebuildable. It's going 4.5 years here with no problems and besides, I have this tiny bald amp tech uptown that can repair or mod anything, so I'm good.

Archived