The Rivera Lounge - Welcome in!

Dave L

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just bought my first Rivera! It's an old M60 1X12 with the metal front and some truly ugly 'carpet' on the cab. I've got three questions ... How old is it? Also someone replaced the speaker with a Peavey Blue Marvel speaker. I'm not really in love with the sound of anything that Peavy makes, so i'm thinking about replacing that speaker as soon as something good comes my way. I play in a 'classic americana' type of band ... everything from Mellencamp to Stones to Haggard to Joe Walsh. Any recommendations for a speaker that can do good cleans and then 'bring the rock' when i need it ? Lastly ... the owner before me lost the big metal RIVERA on the front. Anyone know where i can get a replacement ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm the proud new owner of a Rivera Quiana 112.

Does anyone have any speaker recommendations? It has the original V30 in it, and it's really good. But, I was wondering if any other speaker might suit it. I had in mind to put in an Eminence Legend 1258, or Texas Heat (like I use in my Fenders). Or, shoiuld I just leave it alone?

• Members

V30 works well with Riveras, and the M60 was designed around the G12T-85 per Rivera. I'm beginning to fall in love with the Triode mode of my M60. So warm and rokken!!!

Can anyone forward PM me the S120/M100/M60 manual, please?

• Members

V30 works well with Riveras, and the M60 was designed around the G12K-85 per Rivera. I'm beginning to fall in love with the Triode mode of my M60. So warm and rokken!!!

Goddamn, I miss my M60 (Head with 2x12 cab). I almost always used it in triode mode, just an amazing sounding, versatile amplifier. Enjoy yours - its the only piece of gear that I ever sold that I truly, truly miss. I decided it was time to downsize/simplify a few years ago and I picked up a little Rivera Pubster - turned out to be a huge surprise. I'd forgotten how great a simple, small amp can sound. Doubt I would ever buy anything but a Rivera again.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Well after, almost 10 years I'm selling my M60-112 and moving on. It was great but I am looking fir a different sound these days. I will no longer be part of the Rivera club :( I've had it for sale for a few months, you're right when you say Rivera stuff doesn't move too quickly!

• Members

Well after, almost 10 years I'm selling my M60-112 and moving on. It was great but I am looking fir a different sound these days. I will no longer be part of the Rivera club
:(
I've had it for sale for a few months, you're right when you say Rivera stuff doesn't move too quickly!

Ever heard JJ KT-77's in it? If not, I bet you'll keep it if you experiment with them.

• Members

Well after, almost 10 years I'm selling my M60-112 and moving on. It was great but I am looking fir a different sound these days. I will no longer be part of the Rivera club
:(
I've had it for sale for a few months, you're right when you say Rivera stuff doesn't move too quickly!

that's one of the great things about riveras, seems to always be a buyer's market. When the amp you're looking for pops up, you can usually snag it for cheap. People don't want to spend much on a used rivera for some reason. Best of luck to you selling it.

• Members

that's one of the great things about riveras, seems to always be a buyer's market. When the amp you're looking for pops up, you can usually snag it for cheap. People don't want to spend much on a used rivera for some reason. Best of luck to you selling it.

Yep, great for the buyer , not so much for the seller! lol. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived