Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36

cacheek

• Members

Yep, played a demo unit here in Newcastle.
Really great tones.
I've never played a low wattage amp and i now finally get the power tube break up sound.
I want one bad but can't really afford one, so either i wait till i can or sell my Laney to do so , very tempted.
Either way it's a fantastic amp, heaps of MIDI options too, which is why i like it.
I have my name on the list , they are supposed to land here sometime in August.

• Members

We just got the 18 watter in at my store on Friday. It's easily the best sounding lunchbox-sized head I've ever heard. The clean is awesome and if you crank the gain it crunches just the slightest bit. Hit it with a tubescreamer out front and Totally_jammin_out.gif Lead channel covers everything from dirty clean to pretty high gain with the boost on. Sounds awesome cranked on 1 watt as well. I'm putting one on order once I get my next paycheck. They deserve the hype they're getting.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dewysoss View Post
We just got the 18 watter in at my store on Friday. It's easily the best sounding lunchbox-sized head I've ever heard. The clean is awesome and if you crank the gain it crunches just the slightest bit. Hit it with a tubescreamer out front and Totally_jammin_out.gif Lead channel covers everything from dirty clean to pretty high gain with the boost on. Sounds awesome cranked on 1 watt as well. I'm putting one on order once I get my next paycheck. They deserve the hype they're getting.
Agreed totally!!
Played the 18 as well. too cool, thou the 36 is that and more with more options.
GAS has set in with this amp big time.
thumb.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Can someone tell me more about the CRUNCH channel on the 36? I tried that 18 and found it not quite enough gain for rhythm stuff (I play metal), and I'd love to have my lead channel just for leads. Does the 36 have more gain on tap in the crunch than the 18? Or is it still in AC/DC territory?

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Did either of you gents ever follow through and buy a Tubemeister 36. I am trying to buy one but thus far have tried two at my dealer and both had MIDI that was DOA e.g., no power from pins 1 and 7, programming was an epic fail. Let me know if you made out better.

Many thanks!

• Members

How has your experience with your Tubemeister 36 been? I've tried 2 that had dead MIDI, no power at pins 1 and 7, not programmable. Tech support chuckled about this feature when I called them this morning. I didn't think it was a joke to expect this feature to work. It is why I bought it. Have you had good luck? has the amp had any shortcomings? I greatly appreicate your response. Thanks!

Archived