Hardtail conversion

Belva

• Members

Well I started on a strat hardtail conversion & have the body route filled. Now I have a question. I have pics at photobucket but I don't know how small to make them where they will fit in the confines of these threads. Can I get some help? Thanks. So far it's looking good.

• Members

Unless I have a decent reason, I usually make my pictures 640 x 480, or thereabouts prior to posting to my website and linking to a post.

As to where to post them in a thread, that is a personal choice. I like to make a story and post the pictures in the story where I think they will have the greatest effect.

As an example, this is an old post of mine about a guitar modification:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2038834

Unfortunately the links in the story are not where I originally put them.

• Members

Finally got some pics of this project. The body on this one appears to be alder instead of plywood as I thought before removing paint. I used poplar for the fill pieces as it's available & cheap. The guitar had a recessed trem cover, so it was easy to cut a rectangle with a sharp chisel. I filled the jackhole with a piece of hickory dowel I had in the shop. I only want one tone pot so the jack went in the hole left over. I plan on making this a quick change pickguard setup needing only a screwdriver to get the p/g out. Then, later I'll make more pickguards with different configurations. The pup route is a swimming pool so this will be easy to do.

• Members

There is an image resizer on Photobucket. The standard size to fit most peoples' monitors is 800x600. Then once you have it resized, use the code that looks like this:

It's good to list the links one per line, or preferably one every three lines with blank carriage returns (blank lines) in between. If you put them all in one line, they'll run off the side of the page and inevitably piss someone off.

• Members

Bridge ground is part of the "convertible" idea. I'll drill the hole as soon as I determine where the bridge will go. Then I plan on using a ring terminal at the bridge ground and another one on the wire to the pot. Screw both together into the body after lining the cavity with shielding paint & I'll have more than adequate ground. And I'll be able to quickly switch pickguards with only a phillips screwdriver. I may make a terminal strip so only the pickguard ground has to be disconnected & the bridge ground stays fastened to the strip. Tin can will work for this purpose.

Archived