Anyone else making their own vacuum tubes? Need help/pointers for 12AX7 fabrication!

Zappacat

• Members

I want to do what this guy is doing. I can't seem to contact him though. It doesn't help that his site is in French. I have most of the equipment. Only thing cooler than building your own tube guitar amp would be to build one with your very own tubes. It would be nice to pick someones brain about several questions I have during the fabrication. Anyone else doing this at home? Any help greatly appreciated. Here's what I'm talking about:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

:eek:

:eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

Wow.... watching those videos give me hope for the future. Talk about "old world craftsmanship".... that was beautiful to watch.

As far as getting in touch with that guy - if you can't ping him directly, try to get in touch with Jacques Charbit (http://www.ts808.com). Jacques lives in Marseilles and may know (or know of) this person. Tell Jacques that Mark S. sent you and says bonjour.

It fascinates me to see people do projects like this. Considering that 130 years ago, electricity was still frequently referred to as a "phenomenon" and EVERYTHING was made by hand - so much of the art has been lost or forgotten in the rush to reinvent everything. How many people would consider building their own lead-acid battery? That would be quite easy once the materials are obtained.

Wonderful thread. Thanks for posting those videos.

Archived