Want a free Taylor?

guitarplayer

• Members

Go over to www.taylorforum.com. Check out the general discussions page posted by Alberto from Chile.

I just read his past posts. His parents said they would not buy him a 614CE for $3,000 so he states. "I hate my parents!" Then he goes to a guitar store and they didn't have all the things he wanted so he says "I hate stores in Chile" Then he beggs for money and finds out he has to pay importation tax so, "I Hate my country!"

So you would think the so called intellegent Taylor forum members would have enough of this teenage brat posting this {censored}, but nooooo...they are all gathering donations to get this for him and a special order Pink Poodle case!

So please go over there and tell them your sad story and they will come running like lost sheep and set up a paypal account for you also to take the money!! How pathetic these people are.

Funny though, one guy was going to Chile for business and offered to hand cary the guitar, but the guy in Chilie refused!! Hummm sounds like the Nigerian scam doesn't it.

Need a new $3,000 Taylor? Post your sad story there, I've seen your posts, they are much better than this Chile guy. Tell them to keep their money here!

• Members

Wow. That's quite dumb, IMO. It's not like the kid wants a beater/beginner guitar so he can learn on. He wants a frickin' Taylor - and a nice one! What ever happened to the idea of if you can't afford it, get a job, or wait. Heck, it took me four years of saving up money to I could buy a $500 Seagull! Come on, kid, get with the program. If you get used to whining about crap and having people come running to your aide, you're going to have some hard lessons to learn once you get out on your own in the world.

While I can certainly see the validity in something like the Bass forum's bass fund, this is just udder nonsense.

Dustin

• Members
Originally posted by shecky

What's the problem? I'd do the same thing if I thought it would get me a Taylor, too. If you don't like it, then don't chip in.
:rolleyes:

I guess for me, it epitomizes what's wrong with my generation...We want instant results. In this era of the information age, we like to get what we want right now. We don't want to wait, work, or invest effort. The problem comes when we want something for nothing, and we make it other people's problems.

There's nothing wrong with waiting, and working hard to earn something. That's where I have a problem with this. Sure, it's good to know that there's people out there willing to help - it makes you feel better about the human condition. But I see it as yet another member of my generation wanting a quick fix to something that, IMO, gives the biggest sense of satisfaction when you do it yourself.

It's a great feeling walking into a store, plopping down your hard earned cash to purchase something that you've been waiting four years to get. But that's just me.

Dustin

• Members

Originally posted by i_wanna_les_paul

[b

It's a great feeling walking into a store, plopping down your hard earned cash to purchase something that you've been waiting four years to get. But that's just me.

Dustin

Spoken like a true adult ! I bet your guitar tone has a little more heart in it than most.

• Members

Hi, my name is Clem. I used to have a Taylor 810, but I was stricken with Leukemia, pneumonia, arthritis, gout, flemitis, bunyuns and cornpoop. I had to sell my 810 for treatments. Can you guys take up a donation and get me another 810? Thanks.

P.S. make it a 2003 810CE L-1 Brazilian, I'm real sick

• Members
Originally posted by bigmo66

Hi, my name is Clem. I used to have a Taylor 810, but I was stricken with Leukemia, pneumonia, arthritis, gout, flemitis, bunyuns and cornpoop. I had to sell my 810 for treatments. Can you guys take up a donation and get me another 810? Thanks.

P.S. make it a 2003 810CE L-1 Brazilian, I'm real sick

:D :D :D :

• Members

Oh my gosh! Their is a real honest story on the Taylor Forum posted by a friend of a young man (a taylor forum member) with a family of 4 children. Has stage 3 colon cancer. They put together a nice web page with his story. It's in the Open Mic section under MikeG/Photo member Story.

This is a true heartbreaker. I asked for it to be placed on the front page like that Alberto mooch in the General Discussion. The moderators said it has no place there!! Then they deleted my post! Can you believe that? Don't help the guy who has cancer here in the USA with a family of 4 very young children, but get that 17 year old a $3,000 Custom Taylor by Christmas or he will hate it and everyone forever!

Get over to the Taylor forum and let's make some noise!

• Members

I like the forum, there are some nice folks there.
It`s not the first time they`ve gotten together to buy a guitar for a member. If I remember correctly, Bob Taylor built one for one of the people there.
Nothing wrong with that.

• Members

I'm a member over at the Taylor forum too. For the most part, they are a great bunch of people although there is a religious undercurrent there, which I don't mind.

I think you kids fail to see they mean well and have the capacity to rally together to help someone they percieve needs help. It's obvious YOU would never cough up cash to help someone else.

I'm growing tired of the B.S that's recently become common here at this forum. I thought this was about sharing guitar information and getting excited about acoustic guitars with fellow aficianados.

• Members

I have deleted my posts because of a few Taylor forumite.I believe we should have our own opinions.......we should be able to at least speak our own opinions, but, if you have read my posts over there, I don't want any trouble from this forum or the TGF, and I definately do not want to start a war.Yes, that money could be used for a better cause, but either way, if I didn't know that that thread had evolved in the past couple of months.Sometimes just being a hippy can piss people off.Look on the bright side, even though Alberto wants his guitar now, at least our economy will be getting better. :)

• Members

Alberto has been around on the TGF for quite some time now. Although his posts do often come off as whining he has been expressing a desire for a 614CE for a long time, it's not a "scam". The other memeber that received a guitar was a man who fell victim to a bunch of maladies and bad luck and the TGF members rallied and bought him a real beauty. Soundseat even raffled a chair for the cause and I chipped in myself, it was pretty cool. I'll admit that Alberto's story is different though and I wouldn't feel inclined to contribute in his case. I do chuckle at his sign-off though.
"Okay
Bye
Thanks"
Not stereotyping mind you, but it reminds me of Latka from Taxi, "tank you beddymuch".

• Members

I don't know where anyone got the idea that the Taylor Forum is buying Alberto a guitar. They're not. He's already paid for the guitar. The problem he's having now is actually getting it to Chile. Arrangements had been made, and they fell through.

Basically, then, this 16 year old kid, who's already paid for his guitar, is just trying to get it. The folks on the Taylor Forum are simply taking up a collection to cover the shipping and importation of the guitar into Chile.

Again, the prior arrangements he had made fell through, on a guitar that he, not the Taylor Forum, paid for.

But, if you'd like to continue to comment in absence of the facts, I guess that's up to you...

Steve

• Members

That makes a lot more sense. I read some of the Taylor thread but did not feel like reading all 22 or 23 pages. I did not quite understand the thread, something about his parents getting into a disagreement with some friends who were going to bring him or ship him the guitar, or something like that. Anyway, I did not understand what was going on so I did not post on this before.

Sounds like the Taylor Forum folks are bending over backwards to try to get him his guitar. I cannot imagine that the kid is too bad off financially, as he already has a 300 series Taylor, which he somehow got into Chile. Just makes me realize how easy it is to get a U.S. made guitar in the states. If you buy on-line from a dealer in another state you don't even pay sales tax.

• Members

goodness people. How would YOU feel if you were 17 and had spent 2 years saving up for your dream taylor only to not be able get it becuase you lived in chile? Why don't ya'll show a bit of consideration for Alberto?

• Members

This is what happens when one of these things gets out of hand. World Wars are started by misunderstandings. I did not read 20+ pages of the thread either but the facts were all confused and cloudy. These kind of threads never lead to good things. So this was a good lesson. Everyone apologized.

Sorry about my comments. I was not trying to be mean. I am sure I should have read the entire novel before commenting at all.

I really didn't get to upset over this one though. I hope Taylor folks did not take too much offense to my comments. We love you guys/gals so don't get too mad.

Forgive and move on. My apology offered. There is FAR too much good going on here to make any blanket statements about either forum. We are all members of both forums and should shrugg this off and move on.

Archived