Washburn J28S12DL

kwakatak

• Members

I was just curious about this guitar. Does anyone have any experience with this model or with other Washburn Korean-made guitars? The closest thing I was able to try out was an Alvarez AJ60S-12 - same general features - but I want to keep looking.

• Members

3 times now I've just about pulled the trigger on a J28SDL. I've tried them out on 3 different occasions and have been impressed each time. They sound great finger-picked and were really put together well. They had a good "quality-like" feel to them. That said...there's something there that has kept me from buying one (maybe it's just guilt.) They come with the Buzz Feiten tuning system too, and that's always intrigued me.

I tried out an Alvarez jumbo that looked about the same...but I didn't care for it near as much. I can't say exactly why...it just didn't seem to be of the same quality.

• Members

I had the same feeling about the Alvarez too, though it was very comfortable to play with a nice low action. I tried 3 in all - 2 as the six string with the cutaway and as a 12 string non-cutaway. I did try a Washburn once a while back on the first occasion that I tried the AJ60SC and it seemed so much more solid. Can't remember the model though. I figured that a Washburn jumbo like this would be similarly well-constructed and an overall better value.

Anybody else have any observations with Washburns? How do they compare to Guild's jumbos, for example?

Archived