Here are a few photos from the coffeehouse gig...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

Circle of Friends had a fantastic response to our gig at the United Methodist Church of Webster Coffee House gig this past saturday night including an ovation where at least a third of the house was on its feet! :) I am so proud of these folks that I just can't contain it!

gig1.jpg

gig2.jpg

gig3.jpg

gig4.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Tim Fuss (one of our bass players...) Boggs

• Members

There's lines and stuff on the floor....you said it was a methodist church of a coffee house or something....and then in one picture it looks like people are sitting on a basketball court.:eek::D It could just be the Nyquil.I've got that new strain of influenza that's killing people and i've been seeing things and illusions.I was laying in bed earlier and I could see my arms moving but my hands looked like they weren't attached....they didn't feel like they were either and then they looked fine and felt normal.I've been asleep....waking up every once in a while to check on the forum and get medicine and drinks.Won't be able to play guitar for a while.If it weren't for the Nyquil I would still be laying in bed.Now i've slept a total of 9-10 hours and can't go to sleep.~EH

• Members

I was at the show. It really was a church, but this was a BIG church. They have a gymnasium and it was held in there. When I got there, I was a little surprised in that it was more of a "concert that had coffee available" than a "coffee house." The audience did not talk or mill about or anything. They sat quietly, watching and listening to each song. All chairs were turned to the stage area. I've performed in coffee houses before... people go about there business and you have some attention some of the time. This was a full blown concert, don't let the "coffee house" title fool you.

I wrote some on it in another thread, but it's worth repeating: I was there for the show and enjoyed it thoroughly. Greg did an impressive job. I arrived a few minutes late and he was playing percussion. Then he scooted across the stage to grab an acoustic guitar and strum for a song. The next song he finger picked acoustic. The next song he's playing lead electric guitar with some real nice embellishment playing behind the singer.

The whole group was like this. The bass player put down the bass, moved over to join the singers and someone else moved over and played bass. And the trio of woodwinds - flute, alto sax (I believe), and clarinet - sounded like an entire orchestra with so many voices coming from just these three instruments. Very impressive.

In total, a classy group of artists who really put forth a great effort.

Archived