Where to find tuners for a Guild F412?

blackba

• Members

They look a little different than the grover tuners to me. They just say guild on them of course. The ones on the guitar have 2 screw holes as well, it would be very nice to find a drop in replacement.

I looked for an e-mail for guild on the mrgearhead site and couldn't find one.

• Members

GUILD GUITARS

8860 EAST CHAPARRAL ROAD - SUITE 100

SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA 85250-2618 - USA

Phone: 480-596-9690

www.guildguitars.com

The above was lifted from the Guild Warranty on Mr. Gearhead. The date was from two years ago so it may be outdated. You could always contact Fender customer service if that's the case.

You could also take the guitar into any repair shop, even a non-Guild shop, and they could probably identify the tuners by looking at them.

Too bad about the tuners slipping. How is the guitar otherwise?

• Members
Originally posted by 54merk

Aren't they just Grover Rotomatics? Stew-Mac sells them.

Rotomatics have only one screw on them and the little metal back piece on the back pops out.One time that happened to the Rotomatics on my Martin.I don't know what it is with some people and Grover Rotomatics.A lot of people don't like them but I love them.I hate the kind on my Les Paul....the Gibson Deluxe tuners with plastic knobs.They look cheap but they are lightweight.I don't like Ping tuners.My favorite are the gold plated Waverly tuners with gold butterbean knobs.Don't know if I would really want open back but they look good and the ones I have tried are smooth.The two problems with rotomatics are that the screws that hold on the knobs get loose sometimes and rattle.Sometimes they are too tight and you have to loosen them.And then there is the back cover that sometimes pops off.~EH

• Members

GUILD GUITARS

8860 EAST CHAPARRAL ROAD - SUITE 100

SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA 85250-2618 - USA

Phone: 480-596-9690

www.guildguitars.com

The above was lifted from the Guild Warranty on Mr. Gearhead. The date was from two years ago so it may be outdated. You could always contact Fender customer service if that's the case.

You could also take the guitar into any repair shop, even a non-Guild shop, and they could probably identify the tuners by looking at them.

Too bad about the tuners slipping. How is the guitar otherwise?

The tuners aren't slipping, I just think some fresh ones would really dress up the guitar. Of course it will be a pretty expensive upgrade for just looks.

• Members

Originally posted by blackba

The tuners aren't slipping, I just think some fresh ones would really dress up the guitar. Of course it will be a pretty expensive upgrade for just looks.

Can the tuners be cleaned up? Or maybe you can replace the tuner buttons? Less $$ than buying 12 new ones.

• Members

Can the tuners be cleaned up? Or maybe you can replace the tuner buttons? Less $$ than buying 12 new ones.

The tuners are pretty corroded all the way around. I may just live with it. It sounds like finding an exact replacement may be tough.

Archived