Washburn D30S

IndyGuitarMan

• Members

I don't know anything about the D30S, but I have a D27S I adore. I don't ever plan on getting rid of it or replacing it. I may buy a smaller (read non-jumbo) acoustic with electronics, but it would never replace George (as in Washburn).

Mine has a solid spruce (? its been forever since I thought about it) top that is sounding better every year I've had it (which would be about 5 now).

I'm a big fan. If the one you're looking at is half as nice as mine, $300 is a pretty fair price. :)

• Members

I'm not familiar with the D30S, but I have a D47S that I won't give up for my life. It was made in 1997 in the US (made in the Tacoma plant, I believe), and is just a great guitar. I know there is a lot of variability in some lower end guitars, but if you buy it from Musician's Friend, I think they have a 45 day return period if it turns out to be a stinker.

Good luck,

Mark

• Members

Thanks for the replies. I know as much about the D30S as you guys, but it seems like (from the specs anyway) a decent guitar. One of the reasons I am hesitant, are the horror stories I have read about Washburn service. I have also considered the Carvin Cobalt C250 (I have heard nothing but praise about Carvin and their customer service).

I am considering sending a message to Musicians Friend and Washburn asking what is up with the D30S (since I can not find it at Washburn site). It might be one of the special runs that MF does from time to time.

• Members

Congratulations on the new guitar! Most people who post a new guitar purchase here seem to already have a huge collection. It's refreshing to see someone who's new to playing make an educated decision and purchase his/her own first new guitar. When I was first learning I had a couple of second-hand guitars that were little better than firewood.

What have you been playing up until this point? What else have you tried and what made you finally decide on the Washburn?

Archived