Got a custom Tele instead of an acoustic

EvilHippy

• Members

I feel so bad for not buying a new acoustic, but my last guitar was an acoustic so I like buying elec. then acous. then elec. etc. I got a custom telecaster for $250!!!! I couldn't turn the offer down.Handbuilt by Bill Camara in New Jersey.Bill is an independent luthier who is on disability and trying to find a way to make cash.He's been repairing and building guitars since he was 12 and he is now 50.He will build les pauls,teles,strats,and P-basses for $250....the catch??? The body is made of a solid oak toilet seat.:D Therefore, my guitar is called a "Telecrapper".He says he started making them as a joke but then people wanted them and he says they play great and sound great un-amplified.He is building a stratocrapper right now and he uses all fender parts for his fender models and gibson parts for his les paul model.Bill will make you custom guitars to any specs,custom artwork and paintjobs,whatever pickups you want...etc. He charges a 25% parts markup but that's lower than most people who charge 35% for a markup.If you get your own parts, he only charges for labor and the toilet seat.He does coil splitters,coil taps,gold hardware,etc. I gave him an idea for a "Rickencrapper".Bill is working on prototypes of his new crapper series and I have one of the first crappers.This will be the last crapper he makes with the backwood the same as mine.He uses high quality tonewoods for the backs on custom crappers.I am working on the first tremolo moder crapper with him, a Les Paul model with a Bigsby.All of his guitars are hardtail, but I will be the first person with a tremolo on his models.He was his own "Bill's Custom Shop" logo on the back of the headstock,a serial number,and a custom logo on the front depending on what model you get.Standard models are $250. e-mail him for info and pics.His work spreads by word of mouth so if you get one,pass it on.My crapper should be here next week.Bill sometimes uses after-market parts if you specify.He even uses Warmouth necks on some.e-mail Bill at camara53@earthlink.net ~EH

• 4 weeks later...

Archived