A Wonderful Christmas Story

orsino

• Members

With all the scary things happening in the world today, I didn't want this post from Unk to get lost in the shuffle. We are all truly blessed by the music that comes out of these beautiful guitars we have. This is what Christmas is about.......

"I was telling Tom that I'm the youngest of five in my family and that my next oldest brother has down syndrome. Of all the Christmas songs he loves Silent Night the most. It's interesting to watch him when Silent Night is played because he truly gets lost in the song. He sings along to it as best as he can and his face has a reverent, lost in the moment look. It's really cool. Tom was kind enough to send me the tab so I can learn Silent Night and play it for my brother Bobby. Simply seeing how that song reaches Bobby is a Christmas gift all in its own. Listening to the mp3 here reminded me how much my brother loves that song and made me realize that even though Bobby has down syndrome he is touched by the Christmas spirit in a way that transcends gifts and lights and stuff. It puts things in perspective for me, I consider myself very blessed to have him as my brother."

Archived