Guitars under $400ish? For Oasis, Coldplay, Blur type stuff?

c_corie

• Members

I'm thinking that maybe with my Christmas money, that i should finally get a decent acoustic, I primarily play electric and have good gear for that but i dont really have a good steel string acoustic.(Have a cheap nylon for beating around.) I was thinking:

Epiphone EJ200, Humming Bird, or Dove?

Any other ideas by dif brands? Thanks!

• Members

Here's what you should do....

Save up $450 (if it takes you a while, do it, you'll be happy that you did)

Then hit the net looking for a used....

Martin 00-15 or 000-15. All solid Mahogany guitar. Perfect for Coldplay type stuff (I'm pretty sure their singer uses one).

I have one and I love it!

• Members
Originally posted by Mark Nason

Martin 00-15 or 000-15. All solid Mahogany guitar. Perfect for Coldplay type stuff (I'm pretty sure their singer uses one).

• Members
Originally posted by Mark Nason

Chris Martin (coldplay's lead singer who just happens to have the same name is C.F. Martin & Co.'s Owner/) uses a 15 series.Not sure what size,but it is either a D-15,OM-15, or OOO-15.I like the 15 series....I wanted one when I first had GAS for an acoustic.I might get one....either that or save up for an 18.

• Members

Get an Epiphone PR-350SM at guitartrader.com for $489 shipped. It comes with a hardshell case, is all solid-wood (spruce top, mohagany sides/back), and has very nice binding on the body/neck and Grover tuners. I have one and it sounds great for the price. I'm a fan of 2 of the bands you mentioned (sans Coldplay) and it sounds good for that type of music (better than the EJ-200 I had).

Archived