Displaying your "beauties"......

SurrealMcCoy

• Members

I am turning a former office/loft in our home into a studio for my guitars. The room is kind of odd shaped (8' X 15'). The acoustics in the room are really nice for acoustic guitar playing though.........+ I don't like having to leave some of my guitars in cases for any length of time. I plan to buy those individual guitar wall hangers and mount them to the walls. My wife suggested I try to locate some sort of glass enclosed display case. Keep in mind; my instruments are not handmade, boutique guitars by any means..........but I love them just as much. ;)

My question: do most of you guys use these wall type hangers? Have good luck with them?

Thanks.......

• Members

SurrealMcCoy~ I have three wall hangers and two Hercules floor stands....
The floor stands are on each side of my biege leather love seat,the only place to sit in my Musicroom other than the two guitar chairs....
the room is very acoustic and lots of room.
as far as the things in the room they are placed accordingly,as to not be in the way......
My bigest problem is the coils of mic cords and guitar cords,as I leave them kinda on the floor off to the side ,I got tired of pulling them out of the gear box..........
But life is good and at least you also have that special place set aside in your house for just this kind of porpose...
some people don't even have that....

so to answer your Question *Yes* I have good luck with them:)

• Members

I just started using StringSwings in my office at work and love them.

Avoid all stands with that clear/yellowish latex rubber. It definately can damage some finishes.

At home I'm remodeling a room for just the same purpose as you. Don't hang the guitars on an ouside wall. The wall temp can be considerably lower than the room temp and cause condensation. Never place any guitar in direct "view" of the A/C-Heat vent.

Now....where do you put all the cases? Would they get damaged up in an attic (24F - 120F yearly).

Joey

• Members

Are those wall hangers cat proof too? Our cat gets pretty good air - like Michael Jordan! I always hear something crash from the other room when she gets a wild hair and the mood hits her to start mischief. It would break my heart to find any of my guitars lying in a busted heap next to a freaked-out cat! :eek:

I'm guessing the spray bottle would be out of the question if she started messing around near a hanging guitar? :p

• Members
Originally posted by joeybcdt

I just started using StringSwings in my office at work and love them.

Avoid all stands with that clear/yellowish latex rubber. It definately can damage some finishes.

At home I'm remodeling a room for just the same purpose as you. Don't hang the guitars on an ouside wall. The wall temp can be considerably lower than the room temp and cause condensation. Never place any guitar in direct "view" of the A/C-Heat vent.

Now....where do you put all the cases? Would they get damaged up in an attic (24F - 120F yearly).

Joey

Thanks Joey.........the room actually doesn't contain any specific vents. It is actually a loft.......exposed 3/4 of the way on one side overlooking my living room.
Re: cases........good question..........hopefully find inside closet storage.......:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by newsdude477

The case is the best place for your guitar.

The case is the best place to keep your guitar safe, but it's really hard to play a guitar that's in its case (I think LB's working on figuring out a way for his next web tutorial), and it's easier to walk past a guitar in its case without picking it up and strumming a little.

• Members

I've just refurbished the attic into an office/music room and I had wondered about the temp/humidity issue. I monitored it for a couple of weeks before the carpet went down and was pleased to discover that the range wasn't as bad as I had expected. The carpet is now down and there are thick drapes along each side of the living space to block off the storage space and I now have a cosy little room. I bought an oil-filled radiator that has a water reservoir incorporated to take care of humidity, and for summer I have a portable a/c unit that also dehumidifies.

As for the guitars, so far I

Archived