Shaping tone when wired

rduke

• Members

You ever feel like you've got too many choices when shaping in tone? As far as highs and lows and volume go, I have availble an AG-Stomp, acoustic amp (Trace TA50r), on-board Fishman preamp. Those of you with similar setups, you find yourself tweaking all of them, or just one or two primary?

Rick

• Members

No. I use a parametric eq for each channel (dual source - SBT and internal mic), a 31 band stereo graphic eq, the blend control for the two sources and a stereo effects unit. I pretty much set the graphic eq once for the room, I might occasionally adjust the parametric, though sometimes not at all, I might slightly change the blend depending on the tune. I'll also use different effect presets for different song styles, which is the biggest factor in changing the sound of the amplified instrument.

• Members

Originally posted by rduke

You ever feel like you've got too many choices when shaping in tone? As far as highs and lows and volume go, I have availble an AG-Stomp, acoustic amp (Trace TA50r), on-board Fishman preamp. Those of you with similar setups, you find yourself tweaking all of them, or just one or two primary?

Rick

I like simplicity. I'm a guitarist, not an engineer!

I run my guitars through a PADI into an acoustic amp. I set the amp pretty much flat, EQ-wise, and do all my tone-shaping on the PADI. Chorus and reverb are controlled at the amp, though I'm considering going outboard with them for higher-quality FX (as well as adding a touch of delay).

Archived