What acoustic sounds like Church bells ringing?

rosskoss

• Members

Like a harp, like the angels singing..........you know what I mean. For all those beautiful fingerstyle pieces.

I want that those delicate shimmering highs, that deep bottom, that warm, soothing midrange. Very responsive and touch sensitive but powerful at the same time.

I don't want dry blues tone. I want the guitar to literally sound like the most beautiful thing in the world.

• Members

Of course you can't go wrong with Collings or Goodall... however, for a big savings, take a look at Legend Guitars our of Vancouver. Truely sing like the angels, handmade and tone-tuned. I have the OM303 pre-war... incredible volume, sustain, sweetness... every bit the instrument of Goodall or Collings. Legend has a list of dealers at their website... order one with a one-week return guarantee and give it a try, you won't regret it.

• Members

Originally posted by rosskoss

Like a harp, like the angels singing..........you know what I mean. For all those beautiful fingerstyle pieces.

I want that those delicate shimmering highs, that deep bottom, that warm, soothing midrange. Very responsive and touch sensitive but powerful at the same time.

I don't want dry blues tone. I want the guitar to literally sound like the most beautiful thing in the world.

I think there are many, many guitars that fit your description.

Keep in mind, what sounds wonderful to you, may sound dull and lifeless to others. There is no one guitar or brand that sounds wonderful to everyone.

I love the "Woody" tone of most Breedloves. Others say they are too bass heavy. I hear Taylor fanatics describe their tone as balanced. To me, they lack low end.

I've heard from many that Collings is the only guitar to own. Last year while on vacation in Tennesse, I played my first two Collings. They were a total disappointment to me. To be fair, they were both dreadnaughts, and I prefer smaller bodied guitars. I know from many satisfied owners that Collings makes a great guitar, but those particular two, were not for me. In this same shop I played Santa Cruz, Martin and a guitar I had never heard of at that time, Crafters of Tennesse.

All of these guitars were full sized Dreds (Major Bluegrass Area).

The Crafters of Tennesse was by far the best sounding guitar in the shop to my ears. I later found out it was also the least expensive of all that I played. Since then, I learned that "COT" have been making Fine instruments for many years and are very well respected.

That day proved to me that price, brand name and others opinions meant little to me when choosing a guitar. :)

You must play them for yourself and decide which one sounds the best to you.

Scott

• Members

THIS ONE!!!!! Simply AMAZING!!!!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=610737

If you wanted more bottom, get it in the dreadnought version.

Guest Anonymous

I think I need to hear this "belltone" everyones talking about... There is a pretty big music store near my house,sometimes they have a good selection of Martins. A year ago I picked through the 000-1's and found a real beauty. This year I bought a D-1,So far so good. Seems to me Martin is not useing the best "looking" wood for the tops of these guitars as they both have "flaws" in the wood grain. I guess my point is that the "1" series Martins are affordable and if you pick through them you'll find one that sounds good.

Guest Anonymous

Ok, now what if you include price as a requirement. Say, under $700.

I paid $700 apiece for these Martins.I've been playing for 30 years...They sound good to me. Recently Isaw a used D-1 going for $600 at "folk of the woods.com"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dude you've just described my guitar, the Legend D-112.

http://www.legendguitar.com/d112sftgt.html

Here's a song that was recorded w/ said guitar

http://www.andromedan.com/movies/midnitewindhq.mp3

Plus, you can get it at the price you wanted, if you ask the right dealers. All solid woods for that price? Exactly, making it one of the most awesome deals for a solid spruce top, solid rosewood sides and back guitar. I'm glad I have one!

• Members

Cams, I only wish it was me who recorded that song! No, the man who created it is a nice guy named Doug, and I downloaded it off his website, www.fingerpick.com

It's a great place to go for information on the less known acoustic guitar brands, and on the acoustic section there are a dozen other songs/videos featuring more great guitars and fantastic, soothing playing. I suggest you visit it now!

Archived