What do you use for a Slide? Coricidan Bottle?

proax

• Members

I personally think Ovation's make the best sleds. The slick and rounded back and sides are really fast in a hard packed snow.

There are no sharp edges to dig into the snow while turning.

If you own two of them, they also make great ski's.......

Oh wait, I just realized you said slide not sled. :D :D :D

Scott

• Members

Proax,

I like the green glass wine bottle necks. The are smooth like the medicine bottle and sound good but have more weight and sustain. There are many sizes of medicine bottle slides though and many types of wine bottle slides. My friends that are serious slide players make their own out of cutting wine bottles themselves and using emery cloth to polish the edges on the end. I've played with a few I would have gladly paid to have but they would not part with them. In the end you will probably be like the rest of us and own about a half dozen different kinds until you find the one right for you.

Good Luck,

LB

• Members

Originally posted by LittleBrother

Proax,

I like the green glass wine bottle necks. The are smooth like the medicine bottle and sound good but have more weight and sustain. There are many sizes of medicine bottle slides though and many types of wine bottle slides. My friends that are serious slide players make their own out of cutting wine bottles themselves and using emery cloth to polish the edges on the end. I've played with a few I would have gladly paid to have but they would not part with them. In the end you will probably be like the rest of us and own about a half dozen different kinds until you find the one right for you.

Good Luck,

LB

• Members

I made a slide out of aluminum that fits my pinky between the first and middle joint just in from the tip. That way I can still use my fingertips and then slide if I want. It's short and only covers two strings at a time but the first two strings is where you slide the most anyway. I can hold a chord shape and slide with my pinky on the first two strings or just single string slide anywhere. Since I just plan to use slide as color in a tune I will not play real slide. I plan to make one out of glass if this works ok.

• Members

That Dunlop Pyrex slide does it for me. I had tried glass through the years, always stayed with a metal slide. Tried the Dunlop. It has perfect weight, seemingly all the tonal advantages of glass without the heft. Still bulky, but presents no real problems.

• Members
Originally posted by Terry Allan Hall

My favorite was made for me by a (very kind and thoughtful) fan from a large Matteuse(sp?) wine bottle...fits perfectly and is heavy/dense enough to get a great tone effortlessly.

Dunlop makes a nice heavy slide out of Pyrex that is my 2nd choice.

:cool:

Archived