Some questions about Chet Atkins

kwakatak

• Members

Here's my rendition of "La Vie en Rose". It's fun as hell to play, but my wife is either gonna take an ice pick to the part of her brain that it's imbedded in or she's gonna chop off my thumbs for playing it so much!

La Vie en Rose - orig by Chet Atkins

My apologies for the quality; I'm on a shoestring budget and have to make do with what I have. FWIW I kinda like the 'raw' quality to it anyhow! The alternating bass line gives me a little trouble in spots, though - are there any secrets that will enable me to clean it up some without losing the tempo?

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

Here's my rendition of "La Vie en Rose". It's fun as hell to play, but my wife is either gonna take an ice pick to the part of her brain that it's imbedded in or she's gonna chop off my thumbs for playing it so much!

La Vie en Rose - orig by Chet Atkins

My apologies for the quality; I'm on a shoestring budget and have to make do with what I have. FWIW I kinda like the 'raw' quality to it anyhow! The alternating bass line gives me a little trouble in spots, though - are there any secrets that will enable me to clean it up some without losing the tempo?

Thats some Good Pickin' Neil. :) I think you've done a great job with it. I'm sure my wife gets sick of hearing me practice the same tunes over and over too. The learning process for me is pure repetitions. I know of no other way.:(

Keep up the good work! I enjoyed your playing.:)

Scott

Archived