Hooray, hooray, it's off to Atlanta I go!

Cams

• Members

Originally posted by Kirk_Hamlett

So there is going to be an acoustic guitar hang out thingy in Atlanta? Interesting...
:cool:

Is there another thread with more details? I just recently picked up my dad's old Alvarez in an attempt to learn something besides metal. I can stumble my through James Taylor's Fire and Rain, but not much else. It would be cool to learn some more things I can do with an acoustic guitar.

Yeah check out the web page and photos and video of last year which was the first jam. This year is going to be even better !!! Woohooooo !

Come on DOWN !

http://littlebrother.nlpd.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by LittleBrother

Oh man, sorry I've seen enough Guacamole in my life. Until the grandkids come along I dont want you reminding me
;)

LOL! I'm going through the same thing and can't remember what the fuss is all about - It only looks like guacamole part of the time. Most of the time it looks like that bright yellow mustard from French's!

BTW, our set of grandparents have gotten over the squeamishness, but they still don't have the diapering skills! Must be these new-fangled pin-free velcro diapers!

• Members

I'm here already. It'll be great to see you all. lt's darn exciting that Bill Sheffield will be coming, you'all will dig Bill.

Here's a Bill fact, Muddy Waters is the God Father of Bill's daughter, Honeybee. It's a true fact (as they say).

I'll be showing up with our new project, Man Eating Chicken and our buddy Ross Pead fer sure.

• Members

That's great, Steve! Can't wait to hear you guys again.

I haven't made it back to Atlanta lately. :( I'd like to even before the Jam but gotta see how all the projects in the fire work out.

Say hey to Ross for me. And you guys keep chunkin' out those great tunes.

Mike

• Members

Yep this gonna be a goodun ! sho-nuff. Last year Talkgtr and gang stole the stage show. This year Bill here too. Holy mackeral it's gonna be good ! Then as soon as I am done and cleaned up I head to Austin for Mike's Jam ! Another good year

The set with Steve, Donnie (McCormick?), and others was fantastic. One of the most inspiring blues sets I've seen in awhile. That chicken coup was it!

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by 56Tweed

The set with Steve, Donnie (McCormick?), and others was fantastic. One of the most inspiring blues sets I've seen in awhile. That chicken coup was it!

Mike

picture of Talkgtr on guitar, Donnie on Coop, Ross on dobro and Bill on violin.

http://littlebrother.nlpd.com/LBJAM2004-Invite/Selected-JamPhotos%20forDVD/DSC00019.JPG

Picture of Donnie Mac and the COOP ! Which btw came from Allman Bro ranch in the 60s if I recall the story properly. I think they even wrote about it in the Vintage Drums magazine. lol.

http://littlebrother.nlpd.com/LBJAM2004-Invite/Selected-JamPhotos%20forDVD/DSC00016.JPG

• Members

Donnie Mac is an inspiration to all who know him, a mix of gonzo percussion, Japanese theater and the deep blues.

More lives than a bag full of cats.

The original Badass with a Heart of Gold.

Mr. Hard Case

Donnie was to do a gig with us last Monday. His girlfriend calls around 5:30 and says "I don't think Donnie can make it. He's had a tooth ache and he pulled his tooth, now he thinks he may have pulled the wrong one".

He had an appointment the next day but couldn't wait.

I hear Donnie yell from the background, "If they can't get someone, call me back",....while I urge his GF to take Donnie immediately to the emergency room.

I hear he's doing OK. Hope he can make it to the Jam with us.

• Members

Originally posted by 56Tweed

Ham?!?!? That was roadkill he brought!

Mike

Actually, I was talking about Steve himself :D . But I heard about that wild critter concoction. I didn't have the pleasure of sampling it myself, but I imagine it was interesting.

• Members

I'm pissing my pants laughing over that last post Talkgtr. If I didn't know Donnie I'd think you were joking. They broke the mold.

You know I really really enjoyed the after midnight Jam inside the house too. You and Ross were playing some very cool stuff and it was not all blues either.

• Members

Originally posted by talkgtr

Donnie was to do a gig with us last Monday. His girlfriend calls around 5:30 and says "I don't think Donnie can make it. He's had a tooth ache and he pulled his tooth, now he thinks he may have pulled the wrong one".

Thats classic... he was a cool cat and really entertaining.

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by irpacynot

Actually, I was talking about Steve himself
:D
. But I heard about that wild critter concoction. I didn't have the pleasure of sampling it myself, but I imagine it was interesting.

I figured you were talking about him, but I thought it was a funny way to bring up the mystery meat. I wasn't feeling too good when I found out it wasn't pork. :eek:

Mike

• Members

Yeah no mystery meats from the guests this year please
;)
and we plan on having enough things to feed non meat eaters too. Anything else we need the store is 3 minutes away... etc.

Hey Doug,

How about a list of things/ items that maybe some of us can help furnish for the jam?:confused:

Archived